x

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square invoices now syncs with Square Inventory

Thanks for adding this feature, but I agree with TomLittle above.  The feature is not usable until there is a way to reduce the inventory on CREATION of the invoice.

The whole point of having inventory tracking is to know how much you have left to sell.  You can't have an accurate idea if inventory that is actually "sold" is still included in the "available" category.

Please complete this functionality ASAP.   

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

It's a money grab it's never going to happen it hasn't happened in all these years and years and years. we know it works in other systems.  Square wants the invoice to be paid, so they get their cut, which is fine but give us the ability to take it out of inventory.  You're biting off your nose to spite your face.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

So you mean to tell me that Square did all this work on INVOICES and didn't work on the Invoicing and Inventory issue with people SCREAMING FOR YEARS to have inventory reduced after invoice is created.  You have got to be kidding me.  I've been patient, but have had enough.  GET SOMEONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS POINT.  PRETTY MUCH STUPIDITY.  Adding all the fluff that we don't need is crazy.  WE NEED THIS INVOICE ABILITY NOW!!!!!!   Get the word to anyone and everyone.  Post their emails so we can bombard them directly.  I feel our voices are NOT BEING HEARD!!!  We want answers.

Verified Answer

Re: Stock Counts Not Changing Upon Invoicing

Items added to invoices won't decrement inventory until the invoice is paid, not when it's created. From Dashboard, make to enable Inventory Management for Invoices within Items > Settings so stock amounts reflect accurately with each Invoice sale. 

@blessednaildiva

217 Comments

We just fell into this problem ourselves.  Quite shocked that it doesn't pull the inventory when the invoice is created.  Causing us issues tracking inventory as well.  Please fix.

My sister has a square online website with weebly.  She enters her new stock in the Item list there.  Since she makes custom goods, there is only ever one item.

We chose weebly<>square because it promised stock updates would be reflected across square connected products.  But recently she sold one of her items via a Square invoice, correctly selecting the item from the list of items weebly had populated in square, but when she made the sale and the invoice was paid the stock count did not drop to 0 marking the item sold out on weebly.  There was no change to stock count for the item in square itself or in the square POS app.

The reason for the question, besides why, is a concern once Covid has passed and in-person craft shows start up again, that her selling via the POS app at the show is not going to update the web site to show an item is sold out.  Automatically.  Without her having to manually do such for each item she sells.

Did she do something wrong?  Surely this is the way it is supposed to work? 

- add items somewhere

- item appears in POS, dashboard, and weebly (to be marked visible manually, yes)

- item is sold from one of those three places

- item count drops to 0 everywhere

Alumni

Sounds like your sister doesn't have inventory tracking on for invoices. Check out this thread I moved you to as it provides steps on how to set this up. 

@luxcrafter

Bingo!  Indeed that setting was off.  Thx.

Admin

We're happy to hear it @luxcrafter

Unbelievable.  It's been FOUR YEARS and this still isn't fixed.  @Helen and @Joe may we please have an update?  You may have already lost lots of business due to this feature and I don't want you to lose mine!  Thanks.

Beta Member

Update?? Have switched to tickets so now having this happen with tickets as well as invoices. Extra stock counts  = no fun! 

We asked for this 3 years ago. And people had asked for it before us. It has been 4 years now and square is ignoring all of us. I'm sorry but I am sick of the excuses that a tech company cannot come up with a fix for this! You CAN fix it but you clearly CHOOSE not too. I have tried to be patient. I have waited three years actually. I am fed up! if you just found out about this problem don't hold your breath. You are better off looking for a different service. That is what we have been forced to do.

@Helen 

Are there any updates to this feature request?

This is causing issues with our inventory that could be fixed easily once this feature is live.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Antojitos,

If an update ever becomes available we'll be sure to update the thread!

Nothing to announce at this time.