x

Can 2 items come from same inventory pool?

Can 2 items come from same inventory pool?

an example, i have chicken wings as 2 seperate items, noe for regular price and one a staff price.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up, @bootstrap!

Hmm—good question. It sounds like you're looking to sell the same item but at different price rates (e.g. one at market rate; the other at a discount for staff). I would suggest creating an employee discount that can be applied at the time of the purchase: Create and Manage Discounts. This will allow you to pull the inventory from the same pool. Hope this helps clear things up!

Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or concerns about this!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

I have the same problem, but I have different wing counts set as different items and trying to track my wing count in inventory!

Message 3 of 5

This is a great idea. I have followed the instructions on setting up a Discount but it doesn't seem to be appearing when I go back to the main check out. When I select an item it comes up on the right hand side of the till and when I click on it, I see quantity and notes but no discount toggle switch. What am I missing?

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@JazzYYC Hmm was it a dollar amount discount? If you set up a dollar amount discount it can't be applied at the item level (so there won't be toggle) - but you can select a dollar amount from your list of items to apply it to a sale.

If you set up percentage discount it will show up on the item level - you can manage which items it will be applied to from the Discounts section of your online Dashboard. Click on a discount and then click Auto Apply to Items and Categories to choose which items to apply it ti.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5