x

Can I add Google Pay to my website if I'm in Dubai?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How does invoicing work with Square?

Im trying to implement on the live the google pay here. but nothings works . i copied and paste the working code from github 

but does not showing the buttons. 

can anyone helo me ? needing this badly .

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

the Square blog post on medium should be updated to say that it only works in the US and Canada (if that is an official Square communication platform), it only states that the transaction must be in USD at the end of the article.  

maybe that's a google pay limitation too, I don't know what it's worldwide rollout status is.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

I'm not sure what you are asking.  IF you could explain what you are trying to do and how that would be great.

Message 2 of 13

im trying to implement a google pay button on our site. i follow the instruction given by you but does not show up. 

Message 3 of 13
Super Seller

Message 4 of 13

Hi Van,

I already follow the instructions for implementing google pay. but its not showing up. the methods always return false. is there a restriction of country ? cause i am from dubai and i think there is a problem with this ?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 13

I Console.log the methods and this is always the return how can i able to show this one am i missing something configuration on the square pay ?

square-pay.PNG

and this is the code behind that

square-pay2.PNG

Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

I don't see the part in your code but are you billing in USD?  currently, the integration only supports transactions in US dollars.

Message 7 of 13

What do you mean ? this one ? createPaymentRequest: function () { return { requestShippingAddress: false, requestBillingInfo: true, currencyCode: "USD", countryCode: "US", total: { label: "The 'No Secret Diet' Package ", amount: "9.99", pending: false }, lineItems: [ { label: "Subtotal", amount: "9.99", pending: false } ] } },
Message 8 of 13

square-pay-10.PNGthis is the one ?

Message 9 of 13
Admin

@boy-lighting I noticed that you mentioned you're located in Dubai? Currently the Checkout APIs are only available to sellers in the US and Canada. Sorry for the confusion! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 13
Super Seller

Best Answer

the Square blog post on medium should be updated to say that it only works in the US and Canada (if that is an official Square communication platform), it only states that the transaction must be in USD at the end of the article.  

maybe that's a google pay limitation too, I don't know what it's worldwide rollout status is.

Message 11 of 13
Admin

Good call @VanKalkerFarms, I agree. I'll let the Developers team know this should be clearer in the post.  And yes the Square Corner Blog is written and published by Square!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 13

@Helen @VanKalkerFarms Thanks for your answer . it's all clear now.

Message 13 of 13