x
Highlighted
SFNKaren

Can I change the date of a transaction?

Can I change the date of a particular transaction in my square app? I recorded sales on January 3, 2019, but that sale was in fact for December 2018 and I would like accurate sales reports for the year.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Susan01

Re: change date on transaction

I have the same question. Would like to submit cash drawer transactions for December 2019 even though monies will be received in 2020. Can we do this?

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Hello @SFNKaren @Susan01!

There isn't a way to change the date of a transaction or to record a transaction that happened in the past. If you were to record the transaction today your Square reports would have today's date. 

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
SFNKaren

Ok thanks Helen for your answer. Wish I could as each year I receive payment in early January for December sales which are quite significant. Guess I’ll just have to figure that manually when I print out a yearly report. 
Thank you! 

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

You're welcome @Susan01 @SFNKaren, I'll share your interest with the Reporting team. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

in te meantime, it might be worth speaking to an accountant or a tax professional to learn how you can best keep track of and report payments like this.  

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Susan01

Thanks for your reply Helen.  It would be great if the developers could work on this for the future, as it does mess up our accounting. 

Appreciate your quick and clear response!

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6