x

Can I sell Square Gift cards from my store which is not through Weebly?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Gift Cards

I’m wondering if I can sell the gift cards as an item in my current store which is not through Weebly.

Are the gift cards preloaded or are they shipped empty and then loaded for a he amount the customer wants through the terminal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for reaching out! You will not be able to sell the eGift Cards through your online store without a direct link to your eGift Card URL. 

If you are wanting to sell plastic gift cards in your online store, then you can create them as an item, but you will have to manually load and ship the gift cards yourself. There is not a way for them to be preloaded for customers. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

AshleyK,

I am going to be doing this right now, and wondered about the sales tracking. I can't figure out how to load a Gift Card without processing it as a sale.

For example, I create an item online for someone to buy a $60 gift card that I will then mail out to them. This will show as an item sale. When I load the card with $60 through the POS system, it will show as an additional transaction. Therefore, in my sales reports I will have 2 transactions for $60 when there should only be one.

What am I missing? Is there another way to load a card that would avoid this?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3