x

Can I send a refund receipt if I issued a refund outside of Square?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Refund receipt

I am attempting to refund someone who paid by credit card through my online store (in August 2019).  However, the refund was "cancelled" for some reason so I sent the refund by bank transfer.  Is there a way to create and send a "refund receipt" through Square, even though I am not refunding to the card used to make the purchase?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there! Thanks for asking. Since the refund was completed outside of Square, there is no way to issue a refund receipt through Square. You will have to do this outside of Square and just keep records of this refund. I see a lot of Seller's make a note on the customer's profile in the Customer Directory stating how and when the refund happened. 

See the screenshot here to find where you can add this information:

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 10.22.28 AM.png

It will be at the bottom of the customer's profile.

I hope this helps and that you also have a great day! 🙂 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there! Thanks for asking. Since the refund was completed outside of Square, there is no way to issue a refund receipt through Square. You will have to do this outside of Square and just keep records of this refund. I see a lot of Seller's make a note on the customer's profile in the Customer Directory stating how and when the refund happened. 

See the screenshot here to find where you can add this information:

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 10.22.28 AM.png

It will be at the bottom of the customer's profile.

I hope this helps and that you also have a great day! 🙂 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Is there any way to submit a request for this? We deal with a lot of third parties (insurance plans), and we need to complete refunds outside of square one frequently. 

Message 3 of 3