x

Can I set an item to be available in the online store at a specific time?

I would like to set up an item and have it online and visible in the store, but only available to be purchased at a specific time. Is this something we can set up through Square? Please let me know if you need more details. TIA for reading!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @OttawaGarmentGu,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up!

I went to check on this and, currently, the ability to automate a time limit for item availability in the Square Online Store is not available. So that I can share some more insight with our Online Store Team, can you reply with a bit more information on how this would be helpful for your business?

Appreciate your patience as we work on improvements based on seller feedback. ๐Ÿ™

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I would very much like a feature like this. I have some items that are available every day and some that are only available Friday-Sunday. Currently, I can't keep customers from adding those limited items to their carts and scheduling pickup for a day I don't have them. All I can do is post warnings about the availability and hope that customers will see them. They often don't, so I waste a lot of time contacting customers to reschedule a pickup. Please allow us to set per-item hours.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here, @Floydman - and for giving us some context as to how specifically this feature would be beneficial for your business!

Our Product Teams are monitoring this thread in hopes to see first hand what our Sellers are asking for. Should any news come down the pipeline, you will be the first to know here. Thanks again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hi - we are looking for something similar. 
We have for example, 10 picnic baskets we can rent out each day but canโ€™t find a way to allow 10 of these to be booked per day. Any help? 

Message 5 of 5