x

Can I take cash payments on my app if the reader is not paired with that device?

I would like to take two devices and one reader to a market where I will have internet access. I understand the reader can only be paired to one device for card payments (contactless or otherwise), but could I use the other device to take cash payments? I have the app on both devices. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @AE1 - you could absolutely take payments on one device with the Square Reader connected, while recording cash transactions on a separate device that does not have a reader connected.

Because you are not processing card payments when taking in cash, there is no need to have a reader connected - we're just recording the fact that you accepted cash. Make sure you're logged into the same Square account on both devices, and you'll be good to go!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @AE1 - you could absolutely take payments on one device with the Square Reader connected, while recording cash transactions on a separate device that does not have a reader connected.

Because you are not processing card payments when taking in cash, there is no need to have a reader connected - we're just recording the fact that you accepted cash. Make sure you're logged into the same Square account on both devices, and you'll be good to go!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2