x

Can I use the Square Teminal with my iPad?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Terminal

Hello, during the Covid I’m trying to avoid any contact with my customer, could I use the terminal for them to add tips and pay and me, use the app on my iPad to do their check out??

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @Juliecc!

To accept contactless payment you can use either the Square Terminal, or your iPad with the app and the Contactless and Chip card reader.

At this time the Terminal is a standalone piece of hardware. This means you enter the amount of the charge (or select the items from your library), present the Terminal it to your customer and they tap their card/phone on the Terminal to complete the pament.

You can use the Contactless and Chip card reader with your iPad in the same way. You enter the amount of the charge (or select an item from your library) and then your customer taps their card/phone over the reader. This video shows the iPad in the Square Stand but you can connect the reader to your iPad over bluetooth without the Stand.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 11

Any way I could do one iPad for me and one terminal for my customer?

Message 3 of 11
Admin

I'm afraid not @Juliecc. If that changes in future we'll definitely announce it!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 11

I just recently purchased the terminal solely for this purpose. Ipad for me to do checkout, terminal for customer to see totals and add tips/payment. I had no idea this wasn't an option, or it's purpose. It's my fault for not researching further first. But this seems like a no brainer, why is this not an option?! Customers want to tip, but they also do not want to be asked if they want to add a tip. I will have to return this terminal as it's useless to me without this option

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Jonjon1 - thanks for taking the time to add your voice here, as well as joining the Seller Community! Happy to have you!

We can help clarify a bit here. The Square Terminal was designed by our Product Developers as an all-around singular payment option/system for businesses on the go. In lieu of the Terminal for customer display setups, we recommend the Square Register which comes with a built-in customer display system. 

You can start the return of your device here. Let us know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11

Thanks Joe. I'll look in to that option. Hadn't seen that yet.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Super Seller

Would the Register work in Canada? I'm pretty sad to see it's not on the Canadian site. 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Great question. Right now, the Square Register is not available in Canada and will not work in Canada if you purchase one in the United States and travel across borders with it. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 11

Any idea when will it be available to the Canadian market.

Message 10 of 11

Any idea when will it be available to the Canadian market?

Message 11 of 11