x
Highlighted
DanaB

Can I use third-party customer-facing hardware with the Square POS app?

The title of this thread has been changed from: Third Party terminal

I am wondering if any third party card readers would be compatible with the square pos system. Since I am in Canada, the customer display app is not available but I would love for my customers to see how much they are paying and be able to add a tip without having to turn my screen around. So this is why I’d be interested in a third party terminal. 
let me know, thanks 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Third Party terminal

Hi there - I'd like to clarify here to make sure I understand what you're asking before responding. It sounds like you have the Square Stand and really like the customer-facing display offered with the Square Register. As the Square Register is currently unavailable in Canada, you are looking for a way to replicate that set-up.

Are you are asking if you would be able to use the Square Point of Sale app to process payments using non-Square hardware? Or are you asking if there is non-Square hardware that can function as a customer-facing display by pairing with a Square Stand? Please let me know if I've misunderstood your question, @DanaB!

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
DanaB

Hey thanks for the reply, 

the answer to both of your questions is yes. I’d either be looking for a non square hardware that can replicate the customer display while still using the pos system or use a non square terminal to use with the square pos system. 
I hope this makes sense 

thank you 

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Admin

At this time, Square software is only compatible with Square hardware. It's great to hear that you're loving the look of the Square Register 😌 We are constantly working to bring more payment acceptance options to all of our Sellers - hopefully we'll see the Square Register become available for Canadian Sellers in the future!

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
SEANSEAN

Hi Valentina 

when will square register have appointments app on it? and be integrated with square appointments?

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @SEANSEAN thanks for asking. At this time, as you know, it is not available, but it is on the radar of our Development Team. We still don't have an official launch date, but will definitely post in the Seller Community when it becomes available. 

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
baristacoffee

Is it possible to get the Square Customer Display in Canada?

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Is it possible to get the Square Customer Display in Canada?

On the USA site there's a customer display piece of hardware that Square offers however I don't see it on the Canadian site.

Is it possible to get the customer display in Canada?

If I buy the USA side customer display, will it work in Canada?

Are there any alternatives, 3rd party or otherwise that I could look into?

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Is it possible to get the Square Customer Display in Canada?

I've moved your post over to this thread where I answered your question about alternatives/third-party hardware compatibility with Square's software, @baristacoffee.

The Square Register is currently only available in the United States - it hasn't made it's way over to Canada just yet! You will not be able to use the Square Register in Canada until it is available for purchase to Canadians. We don't have a timeline to share yet in relation to the Register's availability, but we are constantly working to offer the same features in Canada as are available in the US.

Message 8 of 8