x

Can't print transfer reports in portrait mode

We've always printed our transfer reports, and usually by default they print in portrait mode. Now they are printing in landscape mode and there is no way to change this. 

Help!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @weloveart 👋 

Our Engineering team is looking into this- it's an issue they're aware of. As a workaround, you can take a screenshot of the report or page in your desired orientation and print that as an image.

I'll try to circle back here once I see that they've fixed it. Sorry about that!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 13

We've been printing our orders from the dashboard for a year now and they always print in portrait orientation, yesterday after lunch they started printing in landscape.  Nothing has changed wth is going on?

You can't even choose a print orientation from the print dialogue.  Every other app prints in portrait.  I've tried Chrome, Edge, Safari they all print in landscape and only when using the web version of the squareup dashboard.

Screenshots:

Squareup dashboard print dialogue: https://prnt.sc/11vfisx

every other app in the world: https://prnt.sc/11vfmb3

frustrated,

Bill

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 3 of 13

I print Balance Transfer reports to keep with orders. Previously they printed in portrait mode; now they are printing in landscape mode -- requiring at least two sheets of paper instead of one. I haven't changed any settings within Square, and the defaults on my printer and on Chrome are set to "portrait." I don't see any way to change this on the pop-up print screen within Square and I can't find any other settings area in which to do this. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @AParlew - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to have you!

It looks like this is an ongoing issue that others have reported and our Engineering team is currently in the process of rectifying. I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding this issue - we will bounce back here and notify everyone accordingly as soon as we have a fix in place.

Thanks again! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 13

We, like many of the other sellers on here, print out daily reports for our books. We have been able to fit the whole report on one page in portrait orientation up until a few days ago. Now square forces us to print the report in landscape orientation. I know for a fact that it is only on square's site because I tried to print a page from another website and I was allowed to change the orientation of the page. This is not a browser issue, as I have tried on multiple browsers as well. Please update the site again and allow us to print in portrait layout. in the meantime if anyone has a workaround, I would love to hear it.

Message 6 of 13
Super Seller

@overthetop I haven't experienced this but general work around I would try is print to pdf.  If you can get it to print to pdf correctly you can then print the pdf in windows.  I have used this with quirky sites before to get what I want.  The only other option is to screenshot and print the screenshot, but that is like a last resort.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 7 of 13
Admin

Hey @overthetop. Our team is looking into this. You can check out a workaround here.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @CRF - I have moved your post here where @nika provides additional information related to your case. 

Have a good day.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 13

cool

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 10 of 13

Our reports have gone back to normal! not sure if anything was solved on anyone else's end.

Message 11 of 13

Yup, same here

Regards,
Bill CCO
Message 12 of 13
Admin

Yay @overthetop! Thanks for reporting back in!

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 13 of 13