x

Can we set Square to send invoices in French?

Can we set Square to send invoices in FRENCH? If not, will you add this setting soon?

Invoices by email are sent in English only, and the French language setting in our account does not apply to invoices sent. We would appreciate being able to do business legally in Quebec by sending French language invoices, reminders, deposit requests etc...

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @jeune, it sounds like you need to update the language preference on your Square Dashboard. 

Once signed in head to Account & Settings and select the Business tab. You should see Locations in the sub menu options. Click on the address for your business to bring up the edit options. If you scroll down you'll see the Preferred Language. This will make your invoices and receipts send in French. 

If you need help, please @ mention me Jeune! ๐Ÿ™‚

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hello @jeune, it sounds like you need to update the language preference on your Square Dashboard. 

Once signed in head to Account & Settings and select the Business tab. You should see Locations in the sub menu options. Click on the address for your business to bring up the edit options. If you scroll down you'll see the Preferred Language. This will make your invoices and receipts send in French. 

If you need help, please @ mention me Jeune! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

We did this but if I prepare the invoice in an English browser, the customer gets an English invoice! Our backend is English because I'm primarily English.

Help!

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Square Invoices doesn't support sending an Invoice in French at this time. Sorry about that. @CadrilFleuriste

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

JustinC

Reallyโ€ฝ because I sent a French invoice to myself yesterday. 

I was able to do by preparing it in a browser that has the language set to French. 

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Okay, I thought you were looking for an option to change the language within the Invoice settings in Dashboard. 

Glad to hear you were able to set the language from your device/browser. Let us know if you need anything else! 

@CadrilFleuriste

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10

Wait...

so can we or can we not send french invoices/receipts?

Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Yes but you can only do it from a browser set to use French as default. Because square is too rediculous to give us the option to choose a language to work in, it defaults to the browser language without the ability to change it.

We use Chrome and set the language to French.

I do all my website work with Edge which is set to English.

Anything we need to do that a customer will see, we do it in chrome. 

It would be easier if Square would just allow us to set defaults for our customers but nope.

Message 8 of 10

Unfortunately, I have to intervene here. YOU CAN SEND INVOICES IN FRENCH, An you DON'T have to set your browser in French.

I am the one who posted the original question years ago, and the first response from CHAD clearly and accurately describes what you need to do to have the invoices the clients receive be in FRENCH.

read above, or read here what I copy pasted from the original answer :

" Once signed in head to Account & Settings and select the Business tab. You should see Locations in the sub menu options. Click on the address for your business to bring up the edit options. If you scroll down you'll see the Preferred Language. This will make your invoices and receipts send in French. "

That is all you have to do and the clients will receive invoices and payment receipts in FRENCH. I have been doing that ever since I got reply from CHAD and it works fine. Don't be so harsh on Square. They fixed this French invoice situation a long time ago!!!

Message 9 of 10

Having the option to switch the language for a specific client even would be great!! Especially, here in Northern Ontario! 

Message 10 of 10