x

Can you choose the location (and corresponding bank account) for a donation/checkout link?

Hello. If I have two locations, each connected to a different bank account, where does the donation link money direct to? I need to direct it to one of the locations and it would also be nice if it displayed this location on the top title slot. Anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

I think I found the answer if anyone finds this and needs help. It seems to be linked to the online weebly site. Even if you don't have one published, there's an option in there under settings>Square Sync that allows you to change location. Whatever Donation button is created back on the Square site directs a donor to that corresponding location and bank account.

Message 2 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @JV2 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We appreciate you joining us here and posting your question.

This is great! You are spot on here in your answer. The checkout link created will correspond with the location and bank account attached to that specific account location. Glad you got this one solved!

If you have any more clarifying questions, feel free to hit us back here. Cheers! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 17

Hi Joe. Thanks for the note.

I just think we need to dig into the details on this a bit more to save some other customers a head ache or two. 

This isn't just as easy as selecting the location on the Home button on Square. I tried making a checkout link from each location and it didn't change the location destination on the link (or the location title at the top of the page after the link was visited). It's only when you go to the online store (that you are forced to create) and select the location from the settings>square sync. And it's only one small word that says change location. I find this to be extremely confusing and it's a miracle that I found this. I am not planning on using the Square/Weebly online store. And further to that, even though it's an unpublished site, this was the only way to make the location change on the checkout link. 

I personally think the checkout link should correspond to what location it is created from at the original Home screen on Square, not through the hoops of the online store.

Message 4 of 17

This response isn't helpful!  I feel so exhausted trying to do anything with square.  I have a donation checkout link.  It was used for a donation, but the location the money was assigned to is incorrect.  When setting up the checkout link, it doesn't ask location.  And the link was created in the correct online site, so I do not know why it's showing up as sales in the wrong location.  Please help...I'm exhausted clicking around and trying to follow this help response.

Message 5 of 17

I have two locations. I would like to create online checkouts for each location.

For example

Location A: Online Checkout A and X

Location B: Online Checkout B, C and D

All I get at the moment are working online checkouts for the main (A) location.

All online checkouts for location B are not working.

Message 6 of 17
Alumni

When creating a checkout link, a location cannot be selected during its creation but I suppose you can go into your Item library > assign an item to a specific location > then create the link for that item.   

Never tested it but give it a shot. @Sportsman

Justin
Message 7 of 17

I tried that as well.... not working!

Message 8 of 17

I also need to assign checkout links to specific locations, this is a feature request!

square: please add this feature!

Message 9 of 17

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: New transactions are showing up under an old location.]

I run the website and web sales for a charity group.  I create different locations to allow for the sale of different "items" by different people at our events online.  This year we are all online and virtual. I created a new location for our virtual sponsorship and virtual donation levels.  We've received on virtual donation, and it showed up on last years inactive "location".  When I changed the item to be available only on this year's location, it gives a message that it is not available for sale.  So, now I'm stuck with sales appearing only on an inactive location, so my dashboard is useless.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Message 10 of 17
Alumni

Hi @CalliDOP

THis definitely sounds frustrating.

In order to make sure i'm understanding, what website builder did you use to create your site (Wix, Weebly, GoDaddy, WooCommerce etc.)? Also, can you provide the URL to your website/page? Thank you!

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 11 of 17
Beta Member

Hi there! I've got the same situation - checkout links somehow default to an inactive location and I can't find any option to change this. When they're used, the orders go through to that inactive location. Took me a while to find where they were! Any suggestions? 

Message 12 of 17
Alumni

You might find this thread helpful. I moved your post. Let us know if you nee more assistance. 

@Ing

Justin
Message 13 of 17

Hello, we are trying to use online checkout links in our existing web site rather than using Square online.  We also require the inventory tracking feature.

Currently there is only one location that supports  inventory for online check out links, and that same location is what is listed on the receipt.    This would be fine except it’s not the correct location. How do we change this to our main location?  We don’t need online check out anywhere else.

Message 14 of 17
Alumni

Hi @IKRCGC - Checkout links does not support multi-locations. All reporting and inventory tracking and will be set to the same location as the inventory sync in Square's Online Store Dashboard. 

If you're looking for a multi-location experience, setting up Square's Online Store would be the best option. 

Justin
Message 15 of 17

That was not my question; I needed to change the location not add another one.  Jv2’s ‘s comment was helpful, But a couple of extra steps were needed and there is still some weird behavior between the online dashboard & the Square dashboard wrt what’s necessary from each one in order to set this up correctly. I’ve been working with weebly support on this one today.

Message 16 of 17
Alumni

@IKRCGC great! Glad you were able to get in touch with Ecom Support 🙂

Justin
Message 17 of 17