x

Canadian user signing up USA client?

I am trying to sign up a USA client. I live in Canada.  Will my square allow hem to pay with my square invoice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Nicolethorne!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

Square can process most internationally-issued cards bearing any of the logos above via manual entry, by swiping a carddipping a chip card, or tapping a contactless card.

If your customer or a payment card isn’t present, you can manually enter your customers’ card information OR they can enter it via an invoice, as you suggested.

To manually process an international card, enter the card number, expiration date, CVV, and postal or ZIP code.

Keep the following in mind when processing international cards:

1. Cardholders may be charged for currency conversion by their card issuer since payments must be processed in your country’s official currency.
  2. You must be located in the country where you activated your Square account to process payments - in your case, you must be in Canada when you send and accept he invoice. 

Square Invoices are a great way to bill your customers without having to worry about entering in your customer’s payment card information. However, this gives you less visibility into how your customer is paying, the following general best practices may help.

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2