x

Charge card on a specific date

Hello everybody!

I'm beginning to get requests for splitting payments for some of the courses I offer.

Today, I simply invoice them multiple times on the specific dates (for specific amounts). However, subsequent invoices are often paid late and sometimes ignored for weeks.

What is the simplest way to set this up in Square so that on Day 1 the client will be charged $x.xx and on Day 14 (could be any number of days later) will be charged the remainder of the balance $y,yy?

I'd like to automatically charge the client's same credit/debit card they used for the first transaction for subsequent transactions. 

I understand that with the first invoice I can get them to "Allow Customer to Save Their Card" - but what happens if they dont choose this option? Do I have any alternatives to invoicing for the remainder and hope they pay it?

Thanks you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @anna-pc! The only good option for you would be to utilize Recurring Payments. But with this option, your customers would need to allow you to save their cards on file. That's really the only way you could continue to charge them on a steady plan is to have their card saved.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 2