x

Connection code

Hello, since the update I am asked for a single connection code that will be sent on the phone. I work on a tablet, I don't have a phone and I don't want one. I read on Ask Later. How long could I skip this step? I want a code by email. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I just create a PIN code with my computer. I don't know where I have to use this PIN. When I connect with my pad, it still ask me to write my cell phone number to receive a code. I can bypass "Remind me later" but how can I turn off this question?

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Sissi,

Thanks for writing in with this question!

The PIN code you created is used to add security to your Point of Sale features with Team Management, while the prompt you are receiving upon login is for 2-Step Verification.

With the goal of improving the security of our Sellers Square has implemented the "soft requirement" of 2-Step Verification on accounts. The easiest way to get rid of this will be to activate it and once activated there will be a checkbox that will say "Remember this device for 90 days".       

I hope this information is helpful!  

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community                                                                                                                                                                 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

Hi ans thank you for your answer. I have an old old old cell phone and I don't use it very often because I don't need one... I use my pad only. What's happen after 90 days? Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

It will prompt for a new code upon login and that will reset the 90 days @Sissi

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5