x
Beta Member

Default block time for events/appointments added to google calendar

I'd like it if the square calendar would by default block off the time when I enter a personal event into my sycned google calendar via the google calendar app. As it is, when I enter events into my google calendar, the show up in my square appointments calendar but they are not blocking the time, so people can book those times even if I am not available.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @ccotenh,

Thanks for your message!

You should actually be able to do this - you just have to mark the gCal Event as "Busy" when you create it:

This should then block out the time on your Appointments calendar! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @ccotenh,

Thanks for your message!

You should actually be able to do this - you just have to mark the gCal Event as "Busy" when you create it:

This should then block out the time on your Appointments calendar! 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks so much, Seamus.

Message 3 of 5

My test gCal event is set to busy (default), but I am still able to double-book over it. I don't want double-bookings over reserved time. How do I fix it?

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hi there @JohnDennison - the system will only block your customers from being able to double book when they schedule an appointment using your Appointments booking site online.

At this time, you are able to double book when scheduling appointments for your customers. If you are booking an appointment for your customer, you will need to treat your Appointments calendar as a standard calendar and check to see if you are available before scheduling an appointment.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 5 of 5