x

Discount code not working

Hi my discount isn’t happening on my website. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PrairieCrocus Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! What happens when you try to apply the discount code? Is it just saying that it's invalid?

Also, make sure you are setting up your discount codes under Coupons on your Weebly Online Store editor. This can be found under Online Store > Items > Coupons. Discount codes created on the Square Dashboard will not work on the Online Store. 

If that still doesn't work, let me know what troubleshooting steps you've already tried as well as any error messages you may be receiving when trying the coupon codes. Screenshots are also helpful, but please blur out any account specific or personal information. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @AshleyK 

Are customers be able to use Square coupon code  (coupon codes from Square marketing email) in the online store?

Thank you 

Chris 

Message 3 of 7

Hi there, @Chrishawaii3619 - I can step in for Ashley on this one!

Yes - your marketing coupon codes can be used for Online Store transactions! However, its important to note that your Coupon must be created within the Coupons & Discounts section of either your Online Store Dashboard or Square Dashboard. If you make a marketing campaign and add a coupon code from the campaign itself, it does not automatically set the coupon code to active.

Let me know if this makes sense, or if you have any clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

@Joe 

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7

No problem, @Chrishawaii3619! Let us know if anything else comes up!

Joe
Message 6 of 7

Once I put in the coupon code it just says -$0.00 

Message 7 of 7