x

Does Square Terminal work with Square Stand

I have a square stand and love using it.  With Covid, we do not allow access into our business and therefore people cannot use their debit or credit cards because I cannot get my square stand to the window. 

If I purchase the square terminal will I be able to retrieve a ticket input at the square stand and then use the terminal at the window.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I'm excited to share that you can now connect your Terminal to your Square Point of Sale app on Square Stand, an iPad or tablet!

Read more about this feature in our Product Update. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Alexandra1 and welcome to the Community!

The Terminal is a standalone product so it does not connect to the Stand in any way.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

I am happy with the Square stand but I don't like having to share it with customers. Why can't there be a Square terminal for the customers to use that is linked to my Square stand? This seems like the perfect covid-19 safe way to operate, no?

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Alexxsi! We do offer a payment option with a customer-facing display in the Square Register! Feel free to take a look and let us know if you have any questions.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

HI Joe, the register is not available in Canada. I don't understand what prevents Square from doing so. In the meantime, what kind of work around can we use?

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @Colin656, I'm just stepping in for Joe! Connecting the Terminal to Stand seamlessly is a very popular feature request and our team are working to develop this.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can use the open ticket feature to push active sales from Stand to the Terminal and vice versa. To do this, you can create a ticket on the other device and open the ticket on the Terminal to process the payment.

Tra
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Wanted to add another vote for this feature in Canada.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I'm excited to share that you can now connect your Terminal to your Square Point of Sale app on Square Stand, an iPad or tablet!

Read more about this feature in our Product Update. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to help!

Tra
Message 8 of 8