x

Does square work in the Philippines? 🇵🇭

Hi, 

I live in manila, Philippines and I am wondering if square works with credit cards and banks here. I'd like to order a square piece online but there is nothing saying whether it is able to function here. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 44
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for your interest in Square, @Juliaquis

We don't currently offer card processing - nor phone support - in the Philippines. At this time we offer card acceptance with the Square app in the US, Canada, Japan, the UK, and Australia.

We're looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and we'll be sure to announce any further expansion on our website! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for your interest in Square, @Juliaquis

We don't currently offer card processing - nor phone support - in the Philippines. At this time we offer card acceptance with the Square app in the US, Canada, Japan, the UK, and Australia.

We're looking to bring payment processing to other markets, and we'll be sure to announce any further expansion on our website! Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 44

Is it now available in the Philippines?

Message 3 of 44
Alumni

Hey @kuyahans - No updates to share on this front. We'll make sure to announce if that changes in the future.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 44

Are there actually plans to expand? The same question was asked years ago already

Message 5 of 44

When will the Square Up be available in the Philippines? Please Answer. Thanks

Message 6 of 44
Admin

Hello @rocketman20! We can't share timelines here in the Community, I'm sorry. Rest assured if Square is available in the Philippines in future we'll announce it and we'll post in this thread to notify everyone! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 44

any update When will the Square Up be available in the Philippines? Please Answer. Thanks
Message 8 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jers! Welcome to the Community.

Square is still not available in the Philippines as of right now. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 44

Hi, I am able to register with a Philippine address and business, and I would like to use woocommerce plugin for squareup to accept recurring creditcard/debitcard payments in the Philippines.

is SquareUp available in the philippines for online transactions?

Message 10 of 44

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square Not Working in the Philippines starting 8/3/2018

Hi carl, I am in the Philippines too and I would like to confirm sayo if pwede ba ang squareup sa pinas? 

pinas business yung akin 

kaso may nabasa ako dito na hindi daw available ang Square sa Philippines but seems like you are using it here

please advice naman

Message 11 of 44

Hi,

Yes we're using the app as a mobile POS and their dashboard app (ony available for ios).  We use square app POS  to record sales and as reference for our inventory, so we can monitor what items were sold on a particular day, wee, month, or a year.  We use their dashboard app for ios to monitor our sales for the day, month and year and as reference to help us forecast how much inventory we want to produce, what products sell faster and which ones were a bit slower. Just download the app whether you're on android or ios but only on ios you can download their dashboard app. What they don't have in the Philippines is the credit card facility.

Carlron

Message 12 of 44

Hi @CarlRon! Is the Philippine VAT be included in the system?  Thank you.

Message 13 of 44
Admin

Hey @mandaguiam,

At the moment we don't have any news to announce regarding Square being available for payments in new territories.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 14 of 44

@mandaguiam Our company is currently non-vat registered. 

Message 15 of 44

@mandaguiam  Our company is currently non-vat registered. 

Message 16 of 44

Our company in particular is currently non-vat registered. 
If we will be vat-registered soon, we would like to separately input vat to our SRP. 

Message 17 of 44

Hello, May I know what you have done so far to integrate anything into some local payment processors in Ph?

Message 18 of 44
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @mikaelarhelger

Right now, Square is available in Japan, UK, Australia, US, and Canada. I don't have a timeline on when we are expanding credit card processing to more territories. 

I would suggest keeping an eye out for our Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

Kassi
Message 19 of 44

I know this is already an old thread but I hope you still have plans expanding services in the Philippines. 

PayPal is here but doesn't offer any physical/portable EFTPOS terminals for Small to Medium businesses neither our local banks here don't offer except if you're earning more than 1M pesos of Net sales. 

Please if you can reconsider. 

Message 20 of 44
Alumni

Hey there @joeszef ! Nothing to report yet, but I know how important it is to have card processing in your country and we appreciate your continued patience as we work to expand to other countries. 

We'll keep you posted here with any announcements!  

Justin
Message 21 of 44