x

Editing Appointment Reminders regarding policies

What specifically are the 3 types of Appointment Reminders? And, how do I edit the text of these Reminders to reflect my policies (cancellation, rebook, etc)?

Confirmation Request

Reminder

Reminder with Confirmation

Currently, I have been able to edit the fields for name, time, date, etc. But there is text in what the client receives (offer to rebook or cancel, 1 hour before appointment, despite 24 hour cancellation policy). Can't find this text in the editing option.

How can this be fixed? 

How can I limit confirmations/reminders? For example, I do not want 3 reminders + the confirmation that you've booked.

Thank you,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Chiot Thanks for reaching out. 🙂

Confirmation Requests are sent out at a specified time to allow the client to confirm that they are coming for their appointment.

You can also choose to create a second or third reminder to be sent by text or email, The system will resend the original confirmation request with the second text/email reminder if the customer has not replied to the original request.

Unfortunately, it's only possible to edit the email message at this time. The client is receiving a text message that allows them to rebook even if they are outside your approved cancelation policy settings? 

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Bernadette,

Yes, it’s the 1-2 hours before appointment text that states, “to cancel or rebook use this link”. This is contrary to the 24 hour cancellation policy set-up within Appointments.

I get that it’s in the email that goes out 24 hours BEFORE the appointment. But the text saying one can cancel has caused some drama.

I need help with this. Maybe have to remove text reminder? 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hmm.. I setup a test earlier in my account, and the text reminder message just came through.  I see the following text "make changes at" but the link does not allow me to cancel or reschedule because of the cancellation policy rules. 

Did your link still allow a cancel/reschedule? 

Message 4 of 4