x
Beta Member

Getting "item and its variations must match" with items that are not variations

I'm just trying to update my categories.  I downloaded my inventory as .xlsx, I updated the categories, and I'm re-uploading.

Yet I get this error:

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.29.24 AM.png

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

I pulled a fresh extract today, and just copy+pasted the categories column over from yesterday's sheet onto today's sheet.  It uploaded fine.

No idea what caused the issue in yesterday's file, but at least I'm past it today.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

I pulled a fresh extract today, and just copy+pasted the categories column over from yesterday's sheet onto today's sheet.  It uploaded fine.

No idea what caused the issue in yesterday's file, but at least I'm past it today.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Very sorry for the frustration this caused @PermafrostDes but I really appreciate you coming back to let us know it's sorted now! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

An item and its variations must have the same description. Update the descriptions for the following rows: [20 22].
An item and its variations must have the same description. Update the descriptions for the following rows: [19 37].

I have re tried downloading a new form and reloading my inventory. I still get the above error messages. HELP! thx  karen
Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @karenscarlett

Welcome to the Community! 

Just to make sure we are on the same page, are you exporting your Item Library and updating the information before importing again? 

Then you're seeing those errors whenever you try importing. Here is a Support Article with some troubleshooting steps for those importing errors. 

Let me know if these don't do the trick for you and you're still seeing this issue when importing. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5