x

How Do I Indicate Currency On My Invoices (To Show That The Amount Is In CAD, Not USD)?

Is it currently possible to show my clients what currency the invoice is in?

I'm located in Canada but I work with US clients the majority of the time.

This means that whenever I bill a client, I have to include an explanation that 'due to Square's policies the amount shown on your invoice is in CAD, not USD', so as to avoid confusing and upsetting them upon seeing a different amount than they expect.

This, in my opinion, comes off very unprofessionally on my end as most billing services indicate the currency being charged in, and this immediate transparency is what a client would expect.

I understand that it's not currently possible to change the billing currency of my invoices from CAD into USD. But is it possible to, at the very least, enable a visual indication for the client so that it doesn't appear like I am trying to scam them with a higher payment?

For example: $100 CAD (rather than just $100, as is currently displayed).

And if this isn't somehow possible, will this feature be implemented in the near future?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Edg3.

Thanks for your suggestion and feedback!

I see your point. Allowing our sellers to change the billing currency of invoices would be helpful. I will pass along your feedback to our Product Teams. For now, I would suggest adding notes in your Invoice to indicate the difference in currency. This is located under Invoice Details > Message. 

If this changes, I'll make sure to follow up with any updates. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 3

Hello Sayra,

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate your passing this on to the team.

And I appreciate your suggestion; I've been using the notes section as you recommended, but I really do hope that this feature is implemented in the near future. Having the currency country appear in the invoice total would definitely be far easier for clients to notice, as well as appear professional (as opposed to my current messages).

Thank you again! I'll keep an eye out for any updates in the future.

Message 3 of 3