x

How do I get my cash app on my phone to connect with my square account on my computer?

How do I get my cash app on my phone to connect with my square account on my computer?

I've had cash app on my iphone for a few weeks and have used it to send money.  I just set up my square account today but don't know how to get the two pieces to connect with each other.  I ineed receipts for the people I have sent money.  Trying to call their support number has been its own nightmare so can anyone help me with connecting the two pieces?  Thank you

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I get my cash app on my phone to connect with my square account on my computer?

Hi @Sybil63 - Currently, Cash App and Square Point of Sale don't integrate with one another and operate as completely separate apps. Cash App is geared more towards sending & receiving personal payments while Point of Sale is for accepting card payments for your business. While there is a business account available for Cash App, it is not meant to be as robust as Point of Sale is and doesn't include a reporting feature. Do you mind providing more information on how Cash App plays a part in your business and why you would need both apps instead of moving your business entirely over to Point of Sale?

In terms of receipts for your Cash App payments, you can find your Activity history within the app and it will list all of the payments you have sent. If you would like to get in touch with the Cash team to take a look at your account for you, you can get in touch with them via email. We're unable to offer support for Cash App here as outlined within our policy.

35 Comments
Super Seller

Seems like an easy question. I've never used the Cash app. I'm not really sure what it is all about, or how it works (I only hear ads for it in a few podcasts). My sister asked if she could pay for a Square POS invoice with her Cash App account... I wasn't sure what to tell her. Can she do that?

Alumni

Hey @LocavoreStore, thanks for the question. You can't pay an Invoice directly from the Cash App. If you have a Cash card, it works like a Visa debit card, so I believe you could use that to pay an invoice. Hopefully this helps! 

Super Seller

Thanks, @Kpay. That's exactly what I wanted to know. 

Alumni

Hi @Sybil63 - Currently, Cash App and Square Point of Sale don't integrate with one another and operate as completely separate apps. Cash App is geared more towards sending & receiving personal payments while Point of Sale is for accepting card payments for your business. While there is a business account available for Cash App, it is not meant to be as robust as Point of Sale is and doesn't include a reporting feature. Do you mind providing more information on how Cash App plays a part in your business and why you would need both apps instead of moving your business entirely over to Point of Sale?

In terms of receipts for your Cash App payments, you can find your Activity history within the app and it will list all of the payments you have sent. If you would like to get in touch with the Cash team to take a look at your account for you, you can get in touch with them via email. We're unable to offer support for Cash App here as outlined within our policy.

Cash app plays a huge role in Sales! I have CUSTOMERS who receives invoices but prefer to pay through cash app.

Yes I would like to know the answer to that question

Admin

Hey there @WTA and @Sheilae 👋

I moved your questions over to this thread so you can read up on @ Puka's answer above. Best of luck!

We use square to process cards for our business and we were wondering if anyone can use the cash app to send funds to our business square account without us having to process a credit/debit card.

thank you

Square Community Moderator

Hi @SLI! Welcome to the Community.

I merged your post with another existing post where another seller asked about integrating the two apps.

This isn't something you'd be able to do but you can check out @puka 's post for more details!

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned as a suggested option but I would like to know if Square will roll out a feature during checkout for Cash App Pay. Just like Apple Pay and Google Pay.  To me it makes perfect sense because Cash App is a Square payment technically... Plus it will allow business owners to keep track of payments in the dashboard while adding an extra convenience for the customer.  It will eliminate losing customers also who don’t want to use their credit/debit cards a bunch but instead try to Cash App you directly... in other words it’s difficult to track those sales. I would love to see this as an added feature!