x

How do I make the image smaller?

How do I make the item image fit (shrink) in the box?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Got it - let's try this!

Once you're editing your website (Square Online Dashboard > Website > Edit Site), click the Pages dropdown to view the menu options:

Scroll down to the Item Pages section, and find the item name you need to edit > click on Item Details > Image Gallery

Once here, click inside the Crop box until the image ratio is where you'd like it to be:

You can also change the ratio on the Shop All and Category pages with similar steps.

Shop All > Item List > Item Images > Crop

Let us know if you need a bit more direction here, or if this gets you where you need to be, @hippopod!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Alumni

Hi hi @hippopod - and welcome to the Seller Communityโœจ

Where are you adding items?
In your Item Library via your Square Dashboard or through your Square Online website editor?

You can learn a bit more about adding images to items using your website editor here.

Valentina
Message 2 of 10

in the website editor, I cannot make the image fit into the box, it's always zoomed in. I need images to fit (shrink) in the image container.

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Got it - let's try this!

Once you're editing your website (Square Online Dashboard > Website > Edit Site), click the Pages dropdown to view the menu options:

Scroll down to the Item Pages section, and find the item name you need to edit > click on Item Details > Image Gallery

Once here, click inside the Crop box until the image ratio is where you'd like it to be:

You can also change the ratio on the Shop All and Category pages with similar steps.

Shop All > Item List > Item Images > Crop

Let us know if you need a bit more direction here, or if this gets you where you need to be, @hippopod!

Valentina
Message 4 of 10

Hi Valentina,

I tried all 5 options of Crop under Image Ratio, none of them shows the whole picture. I tried to resize the pixel resolution to 80x122, it still zoomed in. Below is the link to one typical item with such problem:

https://japanmaking.square.site/product/kikumasamune-sake-skin-lotion-high-moisture/104?cp=true&sa=t... 

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

It looks like your original image is very very tiny, @hippopod.

Do you have a larger version of this image?
One of these crop choices would look better if you were using an image that was at least 1000px on each side.

Valentina
Message 6 of 10

I started with large image, it did not work, then I started this thread. I resized the image to various sizes. The image always zoomed in, never showing the complete picture. The current pixel resolution is very small 80x122, problem still persists. Should this be a simple fix in the CSS?

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

It may be best to try giving us a call, if you haven't done that yet @hippopod.

Our team will be able to dig in with you better over the phone - you can call between Monday and Friday! โ˜Ž๏ธ 

Valentina
Message 8 of 10

I made a picture 300x300 px and it was blurry when loaded. your programmers should change this. I can upload a picture of any size to pretty much any web site builder program without this issue. 

Message 9 of 10

the only thing I found that works is to not take a close up picture. leave enough background around the picture so when their slot for your picture crops it, the picture remains pretty much full. this is a stupid stupid thing with the pictures on this web builder

Message 10 of 10