x

How do customer pay for appointment?

When I book an appointment on behalf on a client, the system send a SMS booking confirmation, this is great.  Is there a way for a customer to pay for that appointment ahead of time?  This is for an existing customer that already has a Card on file.

I know I can "Take Payment", but that's something I initiate.  Alternative, I know there is an option to set up for "Required Pre-Payment".  But that's not exactly what I am looking for.  

Is there a way the customer can choose to pay for the appointment?  That sounds like a simple thing, and I wonder why there is no option to do so?  Or do I need to send a separate invoice?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @mhc2016,

Thanks for writing back in 🙂

Requiring prepayment for Square Appointments would be the most straightforward way for your customer to pay for their appointment ahead of time. Alternatively, you could use the Square Appointments app to send an invoice to your customer for their appointment. Here's how:

1. Tap on the appointment you'd like to take a payment for in app.

2. Tap > Review & Check Out > Charge > More.

3. Select Invoice from the list of available payment methods > Continue > Send Invoice. 

Please let us know how you go!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @mhc2016,

Thanks for writing back in 🙂

Requiring prepayment for Square Appointments would be the most straightforward way for your customer to pay for their appointment ahead of time. Alternatively, you could use the Square Appointments app to send an invoice to your customer for their appointment. Here's how:

1. Tap on the appointment you'd like to take a payment for in app.

2. Tap > Review & Check Out > Charge > More.

3. Select Invoice from the list of available payment methods > Continue > Send Invoice. 

Please let us know how you go!

Message 2 of 3

Great, that's exactly I was looking for,  I thought it would be silly if I had to create another invoice separately.  I didn't find this option before because it looks like it is only available on the App, but not the Web.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3