x
Beta Member

How do you add/edit notes in an order?

Sometimes after a customer orders, they chat with me about something and I need to add a note to their order.. but I can't find an option to do so. This is something that was so simply available on shopify and should be an obvious feature. Is there a way to do so?

Also is there a way to edit the order?? I couldn't find the option to add/subtract from an existing order ๐Ÿ˜ž

Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

At this time Square is unable to edit an already closed transaction or order @chubbirice. While you are able to refund or cancel items from an existing order, at this time adding items to an already settled payment is not possible.

This along with adding notes to a closed order is considered a feature request. I will make sure to share your feedback and request over to the product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

At this time Square is unable to edit an already closed transaction or order @chubbirice. While you are able to refund or cancel items from an existing order, at this time adding items to an already settled payment is not possible.

This along with adding notes to a closed order is considered a feature request. I will make sure to share your feedback and request over to the product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I see, thanks for responding. It's a really important feature. There are so many things that can happen after someone places an order, and something basic with just an option for us to jot down notes for the order internally would be SUPER helpful. It's so much work to ask a customer to repurchase their order just so we can add simple notes like "earlier pickup" or "custom mixed box". Shopify already has a great workflow for this and I recommend taking a look at theirs. The inability of having this feature may be enough for us to switch back.

Message 3 of 3