x

How to Not send Invoice emails automatically to customers once I enter in a payment?

I deal with store that have a general rmail box and I would like to Not send them an automatic email saying there invoice was paid. It’s confusing them thinking it’s an order. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

When you enter a payment - as in "payment received" - you have an option to let your client know the payment was received. You can uncheck that option, which will delete the notification for that customer. It is the third item in the list. See below. 

Square.JPG

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

Best Answer

When you enter a payment - as in "payment received" - you have an option to let your client know the payment was received. You can uncheck that option, which will delete the notification for that customer. It is the third item in the list. See below. 

Square.JPG

Message 2 of 6

I do most of the invoicing on my iPhone i don’t see this option in the app

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Here's how to do it on your phone:

Create an invoice

Choose an existing customer, or create a new customer record
Click, "Add item or discount"

Choose from "All Items/custom/all services/discounts
Note: In my example, I'm using "custom item." 
Give the item a title 
Input a price 
Choose quantity and add notes, and select or deselect taxes
Click SAVE
In The next screen, you can add another item or add a discount, and you can establish a payment schedule, and indicate when payment is due. You can make this a recurring payment here as well. When you've completed this screen, click "Continue" at the bottom

In the next screen, select your invoice delivery method -you can choose email or URL
Select or deselect whether you want to allow customers to keep their cards on file
Click Send if you want to change when the invoice is delivered to your customer
RIGHT BELOW "SEND" you will see "Payment Reminders." Click to get the reminders set up screen; You can add/delete reminders and you can click the reminders to "off" by clicking the slider betside "Schedule Payment Reminders." 

NOTE: Square deletes reminders to clients after payment by credit card through the system. If your clients pay by EFT or any other method than credit card, you will have to manually stop the reminders by adding your clients' payments to the system. 

Message 4 of 6

I use the square app to create invoices for big grocery stores and I give them paper copies (Only) of the invoices as there are many staff that have access to the main store email. They pay through EFT. I only want to input the invoices paid on my end (for my record) without sending them any email or reminder at all, as it confuses them. 
Can you help me 

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Yes. 
When your client pays you, you'll click "Add a Payment." In that screen, you have the option to let the client know payment has been received. You need only uncheck the box next to the option, so the client does not receive payment confirmation. 

Message 6 of 6