x

How to add two taxes when using Square with Acuity Scheduling?

Hello everyone, 

we are from Montreal and we have 2 taxes, I have been trying to add them in Acuity but it doesn't let me do it. So, I was wondering if there is a way to add them with Square. 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I am not familiar with Acuity, but you can most certainly add 2 different taxes in Square.  Go to your "Dashboard" and click on "Items".  On the left hand side there is a list - 5th item down is "Taxes".  This is where you can add the tax.  I'm in BC and have 2 taxes as well - setup here and works perfectly.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

I am not familiar with Acuity, but you can most certainly add 2 different taxes in Square.  Go to your "Dashboard" and click on "Items".  On the left hand side there is a list - 5th item down is "Taxes".  This is where you can add the tax.  I'm in BC and have 2 taxes as well - setup here and works perfectly.

Message 2 of 7

Thank you (:

Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem I’m from montreal and I’m using acuity did you problem got fix with entering them in square ?

Message 4 of 7

Unfortunately, in order to add tax on Acuity YOU have to do the math for each item and then just have the full price with tax included as the set price. Acuity recommends then having the price breakdown in the description. That's according to Acuity's website. Kinda dumb you can't do it automatically 😕

Message 5 of 7

IT'S LITERALLY SICkENING IN 2022 THEY HAVEN'T FIXED THE TAXES YET. SORRY FOR ALL CAPS. it's how I feel.

Message 6 of 7

Absolutely agree. You can connect Acuity to Square, but even though in Square you can add tax, this doesn't cross over when taking acuity payments in Square.
The most frustrating part is that Acuity is owned by Squarespace and I can add the taxes within Squarespace and have it shown in both Square and Stripe. 
This means I have to now figure out how to run Acuity with Squarespace since it is a different beast than using it separately.....!!!!! WHY is everything made difficult....and it is near impossible to reach anyone at Squarespace.

Message 7 of 7