x

How to disable 2-step verification

Hi, anyone

I try to disable 2-step verification on squareup but seem like I can't.  I try to follow the https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5593-2-step-verification but seem like information is not accurate.  Please anyone help me?  Now I can't login to our POS 

Thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

2019-09-17_20-30-29.jpg

I think by right it should ask me to entering email address or phone number 

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Prame!

Sorry you're having trouble logging in. If 2 step is already enabled, you'll need to enter the code sent to the original mobile device it used to send to to disable it.

If you no longer have that number or access to that device, you'll need to reach out to our Support Team to help you disable it by phone.

You'll go through the flow of trying to find your issue. If you click > I Don't See My Issue, it will give you an option to call our Customer Success team as long as you're logged in.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

I see your post 12/5/2017, today is 6/19/2021.

I initially enabled 2 step and later disabled it, but made no difference, it kept on 2 stepping, so I enabled it again. Why have an enable and a disable if it doesn't work anyway?

I'd think about 4 years should be enough time to solve something like that.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @bsia I moved your reply about disabling 2-step authorization to a different thread. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to our support team here. You'll need to be logged into your account in order to view your customer code, and the support phone number. 

Message 5 of 5