x
Beta Member

How to make an item with 2 different types of variants

i was wondering if there is a way to add two different types of variants to one item so that each variant can be tracked in inventory.

For instance, let's say i have a t-shirt design available in 2 or 3 different colours, like Black, grey and blue, and in sizes S, M, L and XL.

I know is it possible to make a variant for each size or each colour. But is it possible to make the variants for each size per colour and have one menu for the colours and one menu for the sizes when the customer is shopping?

Here is an example from a Shopify store that has those options in separate menus

Capture d’écran, le 2020-11-30 à 17.42.44.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Yes, can do this with Option Sets, From the Online Store Dashboard, visit Items > Options. Add colors for one set and sizes for the other.

@Femme_Mecanique

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

@JustinC so with this new feature (well new to me...) i could merge items that used to be separate before?

Like right now, we have quite a few clothes that are the same model, but when we created the items in POS we had to make them separate items because of the different colours, because we wanted to track the inventory per size.

Now, let's say I have one shirt design that's available in black, blue and white and available in size XS, S, M, L and XL.

Within one listing I can track the inventory for each size in each colour?

Message 3 of 3