x

How to not show your personal name on printed receipts?

As titled. Is there a way to not show my name on the printed receipts to customers? Or is there a way to change it? Thanks. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @Kitty1! 🐈 

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Do you happen to have your name in your business name? I would go to the Square Dashboard > Account & Settings > Locations and ensure that's not there.

You can also view your Receipt settings there! 

Message 2 of 10

Hi Isabelle, 

My name isn't included with the business name. The printed receipt has the business name and also my first name shown. They're on separate lines. I guess whoever operates the terminal with their login will have their names shown. Is there any way to NOT have it there or to change it to something else? Thanks. 

Message 3 of 10
Alumni

Jumping in for @isabelle 

If what you are seeing is on your printed receipt, you can adjust that information here.
Are you using the Team section of your Dashboard, @Kitty1?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10

Hi Valentina!

I'm not using the Team section currently as I don't have any employees. Does my name in the Team member section has to match my legal name for anything? Or it can be anything that I want it to show on the printed receipt? Thanks! 

Message 5 of 10
Alumni

Hm - I'm just trying to confirm why your name may be appearing on the receipt.

Do you see your name when you go to that tab @Kitty1?

And is how you see it there the same as how it is appearing on the receipt?

Valentina
Message 6 of 10

I logged in using my account. I do see my name under the team tab. Just my first name is shown on the receipt exactly as it's shown in the team member section. 

Message 7 of 10
Alumni

Ah, got it, @Kitty1

You can edit your name on that page if you prefer your real name to not appear on receipts.

Feel free to get in touch with our team over the phone if you run into trouble editing you name there!

Valentina
Message 8 of 10

Thanks Valentina!

I guess the first name can be anything I want it to be on the receipt? I just want to make sure it won't affect anything security wise lol 

Message 9 of 10

Hello there, I got the solution. So what you have to do is to create a Team member by providing the name as (Space bar . means no name. leaving it blank doesn't allow ) .   If you do that, the receipt will not show your name. 

Message 10 of 10