x

Hyperlinks Within Website Aren't Working

I'm trying to hyperlink to specific sections of a page but one of two things happens when I try:

1. the link doesn't work at all.

2. It brings me to the top of the page rather than the specific section.

I've done this before on other sites and it usually works, and by all accounts it seems to be set up correctly. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Message 2 of 10
Square Champion

@Pri_B can you give us a link to an example so maybe we can see the code on your page?

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 3 of 10

@HC_Charlie The site isn't published yet, but here's a preview link. For example, the word "Dispensary" in "Coming soon to a dispensary near you" should hyperlink to the map at the bottom of the page, but it isn't doing anything.

Another example is that if you go to a different page and click "Find a Dispensary" in the header, it should take you straight to the map, but is only going to the top of the homepage.

Message 4 of 10
Square Champion

There's something wrong with your code. Your find a dispensary is linking to the wrong section of your homepage (I think) based on the URL I'm seeing from your preview link. You'll want to get the correct identifier for your map section and replace /home#zlqrZn with that in your URL for the find a dispensary. 

That's my 2 cents. I could be wrong, it's been awhile since I've worked with anything outside of Shopify or Wordpress.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 5 of 10

@alexandriak It doesn't seem to be working when I link it to other parts of the page either, though. Is that still a code issue?

Message 6 of 10
Square Champion

Yep something is preventing that from working properly. 

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 7 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

@Pri_B 

You definitely should be able to link to different sections of your homepage. I do that on mine through the hyperlink button options, and it works.

It could actually simply be because the site is not live yet. I believe a similar thing was happening to me pre-publishing, and once I published, it worked.

I think that because it's a preview and not a live site, the sections code isn't fully live and just redirecting you to the top of that page as a result.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 8 of 10
Square Champion

If this is a Weebly site through Square, you may not be able to add a hyperlink to a "section" or area of the same page. I tried to do a test on my own site, and the only choices I get to add hyperlinks are to other separate pages or category pages. Maybe another Super Seller or more experienced website builder will have a better solution for you. 

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Appreciate the assist, @HC_Charlie

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10