x

I live in India and I want to start using card reader here. Which application is for India?

Hello,

I want to start using this card reader in india but I am not sure what is the name of appliction for it?

Also, while creating account in India do I need to provide some number or pin as in USA we are supposed to provide SSN?

Also, Can I use same account created in  India to take payments in USA?

Please reply, email me at [personal information redacted].

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Square Credit Card in unavailable in India at this time.  It is only available in the following countries US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Hi @skalr001 - you can use the international version of Point of Sale to record payments and issue receipts to your customers.

Check the list @VanKalkerFarms shared for nations in which we currently offer payment card processing. Please note, accounts that are approved for credit card processing can only be used in the nation they were activated. It won't be possible to start an account in the US and access it in India. 

I hope this helps to clear things up - let us know if you need anything else. 

Message 3 of 6

Thank you

But still it is for sale in Amazon.in which is for India

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Hi again @skalr001, I do see that the readers are for sale on Amazon.in and I'll report that to the appropriate team. 

Payment processing is not available in India so the Square readers will not work there.

I'm really sorry for the disappointment and thank you for your interest in Square! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 6

What are your India plans, Square?

Message 6 of 6