x
Beta Member

I sell unique items - can POS remove my items from the library after they're sold?

Title has been updated from "how to deal with Unique Items all one of." to "I sell unique items - can POS remove my items from the library after they're sold?"

Hi all, I sell hand made items and for the most part they are all 1 of items so how do I set up my inventory to remove the item once its sold? Even if I set an inventory of 1 it still shows up on the POS page.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Item available with no inventory

Hi @SarahEutectic, thanks for your post and for adding your support for this feature request. I can see how this would be really helpful for sellers like you who only products that are one-of-kind. 

We're still tracking this feature request and if there is a way to remove a sold out item from your POS automatically we'll update this thread to notify everyone.

1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Items don't disappear once they are sold out.  You will have to delete them yourself.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Items don't disappear once they are sold out.  You will have to delete them yourself.

Message 2 of 32

An inventory query, the vast majority of my creations being one of a kind. When sold, I would like to keep track of them with photo, price, description, but I no longer want them to appear in "all items" of inventory. If I simply change them to a "sold" category, they still appear with "all items." Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 32
Admin

@Glassy I moved your post to this thread where another seller asked the same question.

With Square when you create an item it will still be available in the Point of Sale app and on your Dashboard after it's been sold. I'll share your interest in being able to remove or hide sold unique items from the All Items section of the app with the appropriate teams! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 32
Beta Member

I do this all the time for our bar when we are out of a draft beer or bottle etc. Just go into the item and turn off the location for it and it won't appear in your POS - it's there for when the inventory is updated with newly rec'd stock. I would prefer that this was automated, however. ๐Ÿ™‚

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 32

I've been wondering about this as well.  I've deleted some despite the "warnings" when I go to do so.  My inventory list is just too long with all the sold items hanging around!

Message 6 of 32

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Item available with no inventory

I have just sold an item that had an inventory of 1, now it is at 0 inventory but it is still showing as an available item on the POS.  Is there a setting so that an item with 0 inventory doesn't show in the POS? 

Message 7 of 32
Admin

@WSM I'm merging your post here where RHatch answered this and where JPWilkinson provided a workaround. Do you also have unique items or are you just trying to keep your Point of Sale organized? 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 32

I sell unique, OOAK items.  Once an item sells, there will never be another.

Message 9 of 32

I'm in the same position as sudiemamma. I sell unique, one of a kind items. I'll like to have the option to keep them in my store but marked SOLD. The sold items will provide clients with additional information if they would like to commission a piece or request something similar. 

I would also like to have the option to RESERVE a sale for specific client. This is useful for comissions as well. Currently, my only work around is to require each sale to be approved by me before the transaction is completed.

Message 10 of 32

It's been quite a while since this thread has been updated, but I would like to add my support for a function which removes a sold out item from the POS menu - automatically removing them from the menu or otherwise disabling the item so it can't be sold. We also sell one-of-a-kind items.

Has there been any progress in development to make this option a reality?

Message 11 of 32
Admin

Hi @SarahEutectic, thanks for your post and for adding your support for this feature request. I can see how this would be really helpful for sellers like you who only products that are one-of-kind. 

We're still tracking this feature request and if there is a way to remove a sold out item from your POS automatically we'll update this thread to notify everyone.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 32

I have the same issues with a OOAK inventory. I'd be happy with being able to delete items from my inventory in one simple step, rather than the current way which involves too many steps if you're trying to tidy up 200+ items. Or even having the option to display "SOLD OUT" once the item sells.

Message 13 of 32

Has this been updated at all? Please advise. Iโ€™m having the same concern 

Peace & Grace
Message 14 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hiya @DazzlingGems1,

There's no new updates listed here on the thread so no updates to give at this time.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 32

Hi @EleanorsPottery ! How were you able to make it so you have to approve each transactions?

Message 16 of 32

As a result of the shortcomings of the platform, I decided not to open an online store using Square. Despite the expense, I have remained with Shopify and I've changed my shop name to Stainsby Studios. You can find me at stainsbystudios.com. Unfortunately, I don't believe there's an answer to your question.

Message 17 of 32

I also sell unique items, that once sold, are sold out. If I have to remove them manually, what is preventing my item from over-selling in the mean time?

Message 18 of 32
Alumni

If inventory tracking is enabled for your item and it reaches 0, there will be an out of stock message preventing buyers from purchasing. No need to remove them manually unless you don't want the item seen at all. 

@lglowicki

Justin
Message 19 of 32
Beta Member

I don't want them to show at all since Most of my items are OOAK I don't want them showing after they are sold, 

Message 20 of 32
Alumni

@TechiMan yeah, you'll have to manually delete them. 

Justin
Message 21 of 32