x

If I delete a customer from my directory, will it also delete said customer’s transactions?

If I delete a customer from my directory, will it also delete said customer’s transactions?  I am moving my business to a new town and don’t want my previous customers’ info mixed in with all the new ones.  But I don’t want to lose any transactions.  Would I lose anything super important?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MyDogsPaw

If you delete a customer from your directory it won't delete the transactions, but the customer will no longer be associated with them. The only thing you will lose is the data associated with the Customer Profile. 😀

Message 2 of 4

Chad, thanks for your reply.

I've looked and searched thru the help/faqs and could NOT find this information anywhere.

I request that Square add help text in the Customer Directory Help section about managing a customer directory (esp how to delete customers) and what impact deleting has on existing transactions, invoices, etc.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @wea thanks for sharing! I have submitted a request to our Content Team to see if we can add this information into the Help Center for you! I agree that getting little bits of information like this can help a lot! 

Thanks again for your time. Have a nice day. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4