x

Inventory Tracking

Good evening - At our Pop-Up store we have several items for sale that have different art work options. All of these variations are listed in our Square POS but we have a few scenarios that we're having trouble keeping track of (inventory).

Here's an example:

Face masks with 3 different patterns. (1) We sell them for $20.00 to the customers who come to our event, (2) we hand them out to the people who pre-purchased them along with their tickets (this is an exhibition) and (3) we also give them out to our staff.

We started with 500 of each kind of patterned mask (1500 in total) but are only currently able to track the sales (in the Square POS). Do any of you have any advice on how to set up our store so that all three scenarios are tracking the inventory? We've only been operating for a couple of days and are keeping track of the non-sale masks with paper and pen (doomed to fail).

Sorry for being so long-winded. I did reach out to the Square tech team and I thought I understood what was explained to me but it's not working out. Sincere thanks to all who respond. Stay safe! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hello and welcome, @VanGogh9๐ŸŽจ

Hm, let's start with a couple of questions about these scenarios -

• Selling them to the customers who come to our event
    Are you using the Square Point of Sale app to accept in-person payments for the masks you're selling to customers coming to your event?

• People who pre-purchased masks with their tickets
    Are these masks pre-purchased through a Square Online website, or another way?

• Give them out to our staff
    I think the best way to track inventory in this scenario will be to manually adjust your inventory to reflect the masks that have been provided to staff.
Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2