x

Invoice Deposit: Can't change the collection date for the balance

Experimenting with requesting a deposit, it says in this thread that it is possible to change the collection date for the balance by clicking "Balance" in blue on the invoice. 

Yes, I can click it. Yes, the dialogue box opens. No, I cannot change the date - nothing happens when clicking "In 30 days [date]" in blue. 

I thought it might be a browser issue, but I can edit reminder dates which I assume uses the same kind of code.

I'd like to see a calendar popup to set the balance collection date, if that counts as a feature request... that is what my client (a tour guide) needs because he takes 10% deposit with order, and the balance approx. 7 days before the tour, which can be months later.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @RGC! Welcome to the Community!

What browser were you using here? It is supposed to show the calendar when you click there so it may very well be a browser issue.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hi @ashc 

The browser is Chrome (Mac) Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit). 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thank you @RGC. When you have time can you run through the Dashboard troubleshooting steps here: http://squ.re/dashtrouble?

If you're still not able to change the due date for an invoice after running through each step please confirm here and I'll escalate this for you to our engineering team. Appreciate your patience with this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the response Helen!

I've updated Chrome, and I'm techy enough to have already done everything in the help document, but still have the issue in Chrome.

I'm using  Macbook, and I don't have the issue in the Safari browser... but I'm not checking for me, I'm checking out how it works for a client who is on a PC and doesn't use Microsoft browsers (to avoid other issues) and will only use Chrome. Of course, the problem might only be with Chrome on Mac so maybe he'll be OK.

At least we know there's a problem with Chrome on Mac! I'm happy to work around it for now.

Message 5 of 7
Admin

Ah, now we're getting somewhere! I'm glad to hear you were able to change the date from Safari for now. It's strange that it's not working on Chrome on a Macbook, so I've flagged this to our Invoices engineering team to investigate further.

I'll report back here as soon as I have an update, hope you and your client can manage with the workaround for now. Thanks for your patience and understanding! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey again @RGC. I just wanted to let you know that our team wasn't able to reproduce the issue you reported. If you still can't change the date can you call our CS team so we can get screenshots or a video of this issue and investigate further?

Thanks again! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 7