x

Is my phone Huawei p30 pro compatible with a square card reader?

Hi there

I've got android phone Huawei p30 pro and I keep getting that error about developer settings which I turned off

Still not working 

Please help me!

Regards 

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Costy, Welcome to the Community. We're so glad to have you here.

There are several thousand Android devices on the market, and we strive to support them all. In some cases, however, the Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility but still doesn’t communicate properly with Square hardware or with the app.

To check and see if your device is supported, visit the device compatibility page.

When I check the list of compatible devices, I do not find it on the list, but please double check. It may just be one we haven't had the option to test tat this point.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

@Costy, Welcome to the Community. We're so glad to have you here.

There are several thousand Android devices on the market, and we strive to support them all. In some cases, however, the Android device may meet all the requirements for compatibility but still doesn’t communicate properly with Square hardware or with the app.

To check and see if your device is supported, visit the device compatibility page.

When I check the list of compatible devices, I do not find it on the list, but please double check. It may just be one we haven't had the option to test tat this point.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 11

6 month on and the Huawei P30 pro is not supported yet.

How disappointing. 😞

I hope I can get a refund on my reader.

Message 3 of 11

Since the last update, the Huawei p30 pro can now connect to the reader. 😊

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @GeekSqrd -

Thank you for circling back about this! Happy to hear your device is now under our Compatibility umbrella. 😁

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11

How did you get it to connect? I have a P30 and it worked great, until the last update, it says it's incompatible.

Message 6 of 11
Admin

Hey @Leddy95,

The Huawei P30 is unfortunately not tested compatible with Square readers, per the compatibility page posted by @kellyj above.

Sometimes non-tested devices will incidentally work if they meet certain Android operating conditions, however we're unfortunately not able to guarantee this will always be the case for non-tested devices.

Sorry I can't be of more help here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 11

When will it be? I noticed the P20 is, I didn't know there was much of a difference between the two phones?

Message 8 of 11
Admin

Hey @Leddy95,

I don't have any info on if/when this model may be supported unfortunately.

One thing that you can try is:

• Go to the Settings of your device.
  • Tap on More Settings
  • Disable the button ‘Allow Hisuite to use HDB'

This setting has been known to interfere with Square ability to connect readers on non supported devices, though it's not a sure fire way to resolve the issue.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 9 of 11

My p30 pro has worked with my square reader for months since July to be exact and last week apparently "there was an update" that rendered my square useless to me. My app constantly saying "device not supported" how was it capable for months and now all of a sudden it won't work 

Message 10 of 11

Hi all,

My P30 Pro hasn't stopped working. It's running 10.1.0.177 update with Square App 5.51, reader firmware is SCRP.1.3.17.51.

I did have an issue when developer mode was enabled in Android, but once disabled, Square worked again.

I hope that helps.

Message 11 of 11