x

Is there a way to isolate invoices to certain users?

Is there a way to isolate invoices to certain users?

Hi Squares!

I am wondering if you guys know of a way to segment or isolate each individual users (on a team plan) Invoices, I don't want each of the employees seeing or modifying other peoples invoices. They are all using Mobile App and Square Reader, but they need to make their own receipts (and I need to have the name show up, hence the use of invoices, instead of just the Payments page. There is nothing in team permissions, and I haven't been able to find anything anywhere, please help!

0 Likes
4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Hide Invoice Total Terminal

Are you already using custom permission sets, @AutumnVHL?

You are able to limit staff access to various features and functions using Team Management! Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question, and I'll be happy to dig in a bit more.

Verified Answer

Re: Team Members View, Create, Manage only their Contracts/ Invoices

Unfortunately the Manage Invoices permission is an all or nothing feature - meaning if enabled, team members will have access to all invoices regardless of who created it. There isn't a way to implement stricter permissions. @MaryMorganAssoc

I suppose you can create multiple locations and assign a team member to their corresponding location. That way, they create invoices under their login and will restrict visibility into other location details,  but that can get a bit cumbersome to manage. 

Verified Answer

Re: How can team members receive email notifications for ONLY their invoices?

What's up @ANK25057 - thanks of posting! 

Currently there's no way to customize invoice notifications specific to the employee. You can think of the Manage and Create Invoices permission as an all-or-nothing feature and cannot be more restrictive. 

I get how this would be beneficial in causing less confusion among your employees and limiting their visibility into invoices that aren't theirs so I've tagged your post as a Feature Request and moved your post so others looking for the same thing can easily find it. We'll be sure to circle back if anything changes! 

Verified Answer

Re: Why are employees able to see ALL invoices?

Hey @alfadigital - You are correct in that there isn't a way to restrict employees from only seeing Invoices that they create. Currently, you can only restrict or allow general Invoice access. In the meantime, I have passed on your post to our Invoices team to consider for future improvements. We appreciate your feedback!

29 Comments
Beta Member

Hi,

We're an expanding business and to date all invoicing and estimates have been done by myself. As we grow I want to bring on a team member to process estimate and invoices BUT I don't want to give them access to our dashboard, income, sales reports etc.

Is there any way to set up someone purely with Invoice and estimate creation privileges only? Can you restrict access to certain dashboards or reports?

Would be great if such an option existed.

Thanks

Trish

Alumni

Hello @WonderTent,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community.

You might benefit from setting up team/employee management and enabling the "Invoice" permission within the permission sets available.

This will grant access to view, edit, create and delete invoices and estimates. This also includes access to processing a manual transaction through the virtual terminal. 

Included below is a screenshot of what the dashboard menu would look like with this permission set enabled.

Invoice Screenshot.png

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Admin

Hey @WeGotYou!

Welcome to the Seller Community 

Hmmm. We do not have exactly what you're looking for, but I can think of a workaround that will meet your needs.

Creating a location for each employee would be the best idea. That way you can only give each employee access to a specific location. They will only be able to see invoices and transactions from their location. I have to double-check but you shouldn't need Team Plus to make employees location specific.

Would that work? 

Hi there Isabelle,

I would like to do this option, however, the prices of our products frequently change, and I would like to keep it consistent between "Locations"

Also, I need to track individual sales for each person, which is only part of the "teams" plan. I suppose if they each had their location, this would not be an issue, but again, the product pricing to be consistent across all locations, as well as the customer list would be my biggest concern.

Admin

You could match the item libraries @WeGotYou.

I do understand that although the items would be the same, they would be considered entirely different inventories which makes tracking difficult. 

Hi Isabelle, 

I am interested to know more about "adding locations"

I do NOT need item inventories, and have no issue matching up the item libraries.

My concern is tracking. I need to know how much each person does (only 1 person per location). How hard is this to track within my Dashboard? I need to calculate each persons sales on a nightly basis, as well as track advanced stats, like Specifics of "Items" sold, credit card transactions vs debit vs cash transactions.

My permissions are all the same, except for myself of course. So the need for Teams was only for "Sales reporting by team member". Can I also get around this by having multiple locations? As a new business, the $45 USD is expensive

What are the Cons of using multiple locations, given that I don't need inventory tracking, just the ability to create "itemized" receipts that can be tracked by each location

Could you give me an idea of what it would look like? I don't want to cancel teams, nor get charged for each "location" at $45 a pop, until I know it works for my use case.

Admin

Hey @WeGotYou!

Thanks for your reply! 🌠

By utilizing Team Management Plus and creating a profile for each team member using one location, you will have access to all of these features. As you can see, this includes activity log by team member, sales reporting by team member, individual sales, etc. I believe that has everything you need. Your only issue with that, is you're struggling to find a way to provide your employees with Invoices access without being able to view all invoices. Is that correct?

I'm thinking now that perhaps Locations wouldn't work because it sounds like you want to keep the features of Team Management aside from sales and analytics, which would be very costly.

Let's see if our Super Sellers have any suggestions here:

@Goldneye @Donnie-M @alexandriak @GourmetOnWheels @JamesSandbar @pessosices @MAXSDELI @porktaco @Ron @ryanwanner @GoGoGuest

Super Seller

@WeGotYou I think the only way you can do this effectively is through the use of locations.  Invoices is sort of a separate app from the regular point of sale.  You can still use the team permissions with the team passcode at no charge.  From what I have seen you could use the invoices app on each device and assign it a device code so that only that device can access that locations (each location would have 1 device with 1 device code) with shared library of items.  You can then break down reporting for each device and that is pretty simple.

The big question here is are the invoices vital to what you are doing since this is a daily reporting?  I am trying to understand the purpose of specifically using invoices only (I am guessing you have down payments and payments due upon receipt etc.)  You would basically be treating each employee as a cost center(location) which would give you that detailed breakdown.  Team management also gives you that reporting on a point of sale level.  IF you don't have recurring billing or balance due transactions you may not need multiple locations.  Can you give us a little more insight on what your transactions look like?

Super Seller

From what I see your looking to track sales via invoices. 

as far as I know you can not track who sold the invoice the reports are very basic and I'm not sure when someone pays the invoice it goes toward their sales as invoices are paid via web link mostly. They should have a feature in invoice to "attach sale to team member:" to better track who sold what. Sorry I don't have an answer. I will write back if a figure anything out.

Thank you so much for the help everyone. I truly appreciate you. 

My needs are as follows:

Each Receipt needs to have Customer Name and address, which is why I've been using invoices. Using the regular checkout does not have this information on the receipt even if I attach a customer.

I also have a need to make multiple receipts at a time and invoicing is the only way I've found to store that information.

As far as tracking it really doesn't seem like I need Team Plus if I can track each location. and separate their tips at each location. It actually seems easier to track.

As long as I can track Tips, Item Type Sales (Mainly be able to track each locations Delivery Fees collected and some other fees, which are separated as individual items), and Sort that data by week filters, that's all I really need.

Another question that arose, I have a Zapier form to create a customer automatically when they place an order in my fulfillment app. If they have separate locations can they still access all the customers I have on my main location just like the item matching?