x

Is there a way to isolate invoices to certain users?

Is there a way to isolate invoices to certain users?

Hi Squares!

I am wondering if you guys know of a way to segment or isolate each individual users (on a team plan) Invoices, I don't want each of the employees seeing or modifying other peoples invoices. They are all using Mobile App and Square Reader, but they need to make their own receipts (and I need to have the name show up, hence the use of invoices, instead of just the Payments page. There is nothing in team permissions, and I haven't been able to find anything anywhere, please help!

0 Likes
4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Hide Invoice Total Terminal

Are you already using custom permission sets, @AutumnVHL?

You are able to limit staff access to various features and functions using Team Management! Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question, and I'll be happy to dig in a bit more.

Verified Answer

Re: Team Members View, Create, Manage only their Contracts/ Invoices

Unfortunately the Manage Invoices permission is an all or nothing feature - meaning if enabled, team members will have access to all invoices regardless of who created it. There isn't a way to implement stricter permissions. @MaryMorganAssoc

I suppose you can create multiple locations and assign a team member to their corresponding location. That way, they create invoices under their login and will restrict visibility into other location details,  but that can get a bit cumbersome to manage. 

Verified Answer

Re: How can team members receive email notifications for ONLY their invoices?

What's up @ANK25057 - thanks of posting! 

Currently there's no way to customize invoice notifications specific to the employee. You can think of the Manage and Create Invoices permission as an all-or-nothing feature and cannot be more restrictive. 

I get how this would be beneficial in causing less confusion among your employees and limiting their visibility into invoices that aren't theirs so I've tagged your post as a Feature Request and moved your post so others looking for the same thing can easily find it. We'll be sure to circle back if anything changes! 

Verified Answer

Re: Why are employees able to see ALL invoices?

Hey @alfadigital - You are correct in that there isn't a way to restrict employees from only seeing Invoices that they create. Currently, you can only restrict or allow general Invoice access. In the meantime, I have passed on your post to our Invoices team to consider for future improvements. We appreciate your feedback!

29 Comments

I also wanted to add, can someone do a quick walkthrough of how to set this up effectively? 

-I have 8 "Drivers". They all will have their own Square Reader, with their own Locations, that track their tips and item sales independent of one another.

-It seems like Customers and Items can persist across the board, so all good there.

-I am confused about the "Team Passcode" as well as "Device Code" and how this applies to multiple locations. If I assign each person a Device Code, why is all their "Team Passcodes" the same. Is assigning a device code good enough to separate all their data? If the Team Passcode is the same for everyone, it might not matter much, as long as they're all separated.

-I only need 1 set of permissions. other than myself, which is why I am not really all that interested in Teams Plus, assuming I can use it for my use case scenario

-Do I need to set up Tipping Options, Taxes, and other options on EVERYONES device individually? I'd rather not as that means I'd have to meet up with all of them and apply it to each of their phones, is there a way to do this remotely?

1) If I'm separating this by "device code" and "locations", do they all have to share the same "Team Password". 

Super Seller

@WeGotYou I also wanted to add, can someone do a quick walkthrough of how to set this up effectively?

I think it is all done under the online dashboard.  Add all the locations (drivers) first, then go to devices and add a device for each location and you can text/email the code to each person to log into on their app.  When you install the app it will ask for log in (email password) or Device code.

-I am confused about the "Team Passcode" as well as "Device Code" and how this applies to multiple locations. If I assign each person a Device Code, why is all their "Team Passcodes" the same. Is assigning a device code good enough to separate all their data? If the Team Passcode is the same for everyone, it might not matter much, as long as they're all separated.

The team passcode is a permission set you can give that limits what they can do.  Think of it like you have the master log in and the team passcode is a single set of permissions you want all your employees to have besides simply ringing up and cashing out a sale.  A device code limits what a specific device can do.  It gives you the ability to use the team passcode as the gateway.  You can filter sales by device code.

-I only need 1 set of permissions. other than myself, which is why I am not really all that interested in Teams Plus, assuming I can use it for my use case scenario

Yes, this is 1 team permissions is.  You need teams plus subscription to have different permissions ie. manager, assistant manager, employee etc.

-Do I need to set up Tipping Options, Taxes, and other options on EVERYONES device individually? I'd rather not as that means I'd have to meet up with all of them and apply it to each of their phones, is there a way to do this remotely?

With device codes you still have to go in and set up printers, open tickets if you use them.  Taxes are on an account level as they are set per item and all devices share one code.  I have not used tipping so that may have to be turned on by you on each device.  What I do is have 1 device I log into and set up my item grid and then it will be duplicated across all devices on that account/location.

1) If I'm separating this by "device code" and "locations", do they all have to share the same "Team Password". 

Yes, unless you pay for teams plus.  Once you enter the device code they will use the team passcode for permissions but the device is unlocked to make sales.  You are basically treating each employee as the location with the device.  The physical device is your real security here.  It will not be able to see another device unless it is assigned to the same location and you have the ability to run reports as an allowed permission.  You can also disable the app on that  device from your dashboard at any time (runaway tablet). 

Hi Donnie,

Thanks so much for the assistance. 

I just want to clarify one thing. If I do the workflow this way, I should not or do not need to make "Team Members"? There is a spot in creating locations that attached a "Team Member" but it seems like Team Members is a feature for Teams Plus? 

Super Seller

@WeGotYou You can still make team members if you need them to clock in and out.  I believe basic time keeping is included in the free version of team management.  I know all of this is kind of a complicated work around, but maybe in the future if this gets changed you can use team management plus with one location but until then I think you got this.  Here is the breakdown on features for team management vs. team management plus:

Team Management Subscription 

In our business, we have multiple drivers that we send out on jobs. Is there a way I can assign a team member to the invoice so I can easily keep track of which driver was on which job?

If not, can I please desperately request this feature be added? Pretty please? Thanks again Square, you've made doing business pretty darn easy.

Admin

Hey @HorseandHog 🐴 🦔

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community and offering some kind words. We appreciate you! 

I believe that this is possible if you have Team Management Plus and create logins for your employees. By creating team/employee profiles, with the Invoices permission, they should be able to create and send the invoice which you can then view later in the Transactions section of the Dashboard by viewing Invoices and sorting by Team Member:

Feel free to give us a call tomorrow to verify this and get set up! Are you already using Team Management? 

Beta Member

We are using custom permission, but none of the settings seem to remove this overview while

still letting our staff create, edit & process invoices. 

Any specific settings we can try on this would be appreciated. 

Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @AutumnVHL

Stepping in for Valentina.

Currently, there isn't an option to limit that specific information a team member can see through Invoices. This would be a Feature Request for our Invoices team. 

I am more than happy to get this over to them internally, so they can get some eyes on it. 

Thank you for asking about this feature! 

Beta Member

@Kassi_ We would definitely like to see this requested. Having essentially our 30 day sales total visible to all staff isn’t something we are comfortable with.