x

Is there a way to isolate invoices to certain users?

Is there a way to isolate invoices to certain users?

Hi Squares!

I am wondering if you guys know of a way to segment or isolate each individual users (on a team plan) Invoices, I don't want each of the employees seeing or modifying other peoples invoices. They are all using Mobile App and Square Reader, but they need to make their own receipts (and I need to have the name show up, hence the use of invoices, instead of just the Payments page. There is nothing in team permissions, and I haven't been able to find anything anywhere, please help!

0 Likes
4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Hide Invoice Total Terminal

Are you already using custom permission sets, @AutumnVHL?

You are able to limit staff access to various features and functions using Team Management! Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question, and I'll be happy to dig in a bit more.

Verified Answer

Re: Team Members View, Create, Manage only their Contracts/ Invoices

Unfortunately the Manage Invoices permission is an all or nothing feature - meaning if enabled, team members will have access to all invoices regardless of who created it. There isn't a way to implement stricter permissions. @MaryMorganAssoc

I suppose you can create multiple locations and assign a team member to their corresponding location. That way, they create invoices under their login and will restrict visibility into other location details,  but that can get a bit cumbersome to manage. 

Verified Answer

Re: How can team members receive email notifications for ONLY their invoices?

What's up @ANK25057 - thanks of posting! 

Currently there's no way to customize invoice notifications specific to the employee. You can think of the Manage and Create Invoices permission as an all-or-nothing feature and cannot be more restrictive. 

I get how this would be beneficial in causing less confusion among your employees and limiting their visibility into invoices that aren't theirs so I've tagged your post as a Feature Request and moved your post so others looking for the same thing can easily find it. We'll be sure to circle back if anything changes! 

Verified Answer

Re: Why are employees able to see ALL invoices?

Hey @alfadigital - You are correct in that there isn't a way to restrict employees from only seeing Invoices that they create. Currently, you can only restrict or allow general Invoice access. In the meantime, I have passed on your post to our Invoices team to consider for future improvements. We appreciate your feedback!

29 Comments

There is no option to allow employees to only see the invoices that they create/manage, instead ALL employees see ALL invoices. My concern is that this is a major privacy issue. New employees can see old customers, names, details, how they paid... Employees can also see ALL revenue for the business, which is not healthy (employees start asking for more money).

I feel like this is a major issue hidden in plain sight. There should be a toggle to allow employees to only see the invoices they create.

The owner of the account is the only person that should be able to see everything..

Alumni

Hey @alfadigital - You are correct in that there isn't a way to restrict employees from only seeing Invoices that they create. Currently, you can only restrict or allow general Invoice access. In the meantime, I have passed on your post to our Invoices team to consider for future improvements. We appreciate your feedback!

Beta Member

I'm trying to conceal the amounts our company makes from the mobile employees. Is there a way to hide the sales overview and the invoices except the ones that employee creates?

Admin

@CoolingDynamics This is a feature request that we've heard before, thank you for letting us know you'd use this too. Right now if you give employees the permission to Manage and Create Invoices they will be able to see all invoices. If we add more granular permissions for invoices we'll update the status of this Feature Request to let you iknow.

How can I adjust the settings so that Team Members only receive certain email notifications for THEIR invoices and payments?

Team Member B does not want to receive an email that "an invoice has been created" or "an invoice has been paid" for Team Member A's clients.

Only for invoices that THEY have created.

Thank you.

Alumni

What's up @ANK25057 - thanks of posting! 

Currently there's no way to customize invoice notifications specific to the employee. You can think of the Manage and Create Invoices permission as an all-or-nothing feature and cannot be more restrictive. 

I get how this would be beneficial in causing less confusion among your employees and limiting their visibility into invoices that aren't theirs so I've tagged your post as a Feature Request and moved your post so others looking for the same thing can easily find it. We'll be sure to circle back if anything changes! 

I want team members to create/manage their own contracts / invoices but I want them to view only theirs -- not those of other team members. I have only been able to figure out the first but not the privacy piece.

@JustinC , Thank you for the response about locations. That may be a viable option - can you talk more about it cumbersome to manage? What specifically do I want to think about before I set them up as their own individual location? Also, can they create their own contracts under locations?

Alumni

Unfortunately the Manage Invoices permission is an all or nothing feature - meaning if enabled, team members will have access to all invoices regardless of who created it. There isn't a way to implement stricter permissions. @MaryMorganAssoc

I suppose you can create multiple locations and assign a team member to their corresponding location. That way, they create invoices under their login and will restrict visibility into other location details,  but that can get a bit cumbersome to manage. 

Beta Member

Is it possible to hide the overview 30 day invoice total on terminal? This is not a number our staff needs to see regularly, and we would prefer they not see it at all. 

Alumni

Are you already using custom permission sets, @AutumnVHL?

You are able to limit staff access to various features and functions using Team Management! Please let me know if this doesn't answer your question, and I'll be happy to dig in a bit more.