x
Beta Member

Is there a way to create a report to view tips for more than just Daily? Weekly or monthly is ideal.

Is there a way to create a report to view tips for more than just Daily? Weekly or monthly is ideal

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @Toronto_ Duck!

Welcome to the Seller Community ๐ŸŒŸ

To view weekly tips, try going to Reports > Sales Summary > and adjust Summary to Weekly:

Does that work? Let me know! ๐Ÿ’ก

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

Can a tip report function just be added to the reports area within the POS? We are trying to become as paperless as possible - but the barbers and the bartenders keep having to reprint every ticket that they process, to keep track of their tips - so that they can total them and present their totals at the end of their shift for a payout. This is causing extra time to be taken by everyone, mistakes in adding are being made, and paper is being wasted like crazy - and it's not cheap - thermal paper. If the cashier can quickly generate a report that can be filtered by day and time - since our days go from 9 am to 3 am - we need to be able to set the days and time - then by the employee to see their tip total - this would be a massive win for us - and the environment!!

James Wilkinson
Message 3 of 10
Alumni

If you're already tracking employee sales using Team Plus, give employees permission to view Reports so they have visibility into tip totals from Reports > Sales in-app.You can filter by Team member, date and time frame. 

Learn how to generate in-app reporting here.  @JPWilkinson

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Can I pre-create reports for each employee so that all they need to do is click their name to see their tip report? This needs to be a super-simple and quick and easy solution.

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

I'm able to create a custom report for an employee - that just requires that they select the day - but this does not show up on the POS as a selectable report. Also, can this report be printed on the receipt printer?

James Wilkinson
Message 6 of 10
Alumni

Custom Reports are not accessible in the POS I'm afraid, so there isn't a way to pre-generate reports for employees to view in-app.

Yes, Reports can be printed from a receipt printer. As long as print reports is toggled on in printer station settings. 

@JPWilkinson

Justin
Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Too bad about the custom reports - would have been so much easier... but getting back to the sales report, as generated out of the POS - where an employee would select themselves and generate that report to show their tips... this report is printable?

James Wilkinson
Message 8 of 10
Alumni

Yes, that report should be printable - can you test it? You will see a printer icon at the top of the report. 

@JPWilkinson

Justin
Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Correction ***You'll see a share icon at the top-right corner of the report. Tap it for the print option. @@JPWilkinson

Screenshot 2020-09-19 at 6.18.41 PM.png

Justin
Message 10 of 10