x

Is there a way to search invoices by item sold?

Hello! 

I like how I can filter paid transactions by items. I would like to know if square allows to filter invoices (including unpaid) the same way, by item?

Also, whenever a transaction is created and paid by invoice, how can I figure out from the receipt which specific invoice was paid?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Meticulous, welcome to the Seller Community! 

Currently Invoices can't be filtered by the item sold. It's a great suggestion though! Right now you won't be able to distinguish what invoice was paid by looking at a customers digital receipts. 

If you're looking at your transaction list you should see the invoice number listed rather than an item. 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your reply! Kind of figured this much. Also: it would be so much better if we could export invoices to csv. We pay our employees their commission when their work is done, not when the invoice is paid. Exporting to csv the invoices would let us see the type of work done and be able to pay our employees accordingly.

Message 3 of 4

You could easily accomplish this by using the API to fill a database. You could then use a search function that would search the database created by forsay item.

its not an easy click and go solution but it’s a solution 🙂

Message 4 of 4