x

Keeping Track of Sales Proving Impossible with Multiple People Clocked in

I'm using square for a salon, and I've run into some trouble. At the salon we have multiple people clocked in at once and we all share the cash register. Each of us has a four digit login password that we use to clock in. The problem is that there is no way to track who made a sale when multiple people are clocked in at once. If I can't keep track of who made what sale, I can't pay commission. So I used the "passcode" setting to force everyone to put in their code after a sale is made, that way I can see who did it. But the problem is that it only allows the team password to be input or the owner password, not the individual passwords we use to clock in and out. So in essence, only I the owner can track my sales and "employees" as a whole. Also, when I am logged in no one else can clock in. How in the world do I keep track of employee sales on the app? I would like the same clock in clock out password to be used every time a sale is made so I know who did it. This is a problem as we are going to have four people working at once. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @EverybodysHair,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with team passcodes!

It's important to distinguish between having staff clock in vs having them use passcodes to attribute sales. Clocking in and out is done to measure the time a team member spends on a shift, and like you've noted, won't track a team member's sales! 

For sales attribution, take a look at this article and scroll down to Setting up Team Management in SPOS. This is the bit that should help the most:

Once set up, you can see in the bottom corner of the app it will say "Log Out" with the initials of the person who is currently or was last logged in - for sales attribution and to perform other POS functions they may have permission to do. Staff can log in as themselves by clicking on this and entering their passcode before making a sale and going through the checkout flow. The next person who makes a sale will need to also press this and then use their passcode to attribute the next sale to them, and so on.

Once you have everything set up it should be a matter of staff making sure to press that button in the bottom left and enter their passcode each time they make a sale.

Hope this helps - please let me know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2