x
Beta Member

Know sales by terminal?

Simple question, I just bought the square terminal and it's great! I sort of want to use it like a debit machine because I cannot for the life of me find reliable ones from anyone. So is there a way to know the sales from this specific terminal so that it's not recorded twice? For example if I use a cash register to get the total and this for payment. Otherwise I wouldn't know my totals properly. That way I can subtract the amount this had from other totals and then get my right number. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

So apparently you can do this in reports on the square app, also the terminal defaults to showing just it's data. So if anyone else was wondering this for odd use cases then here's the awnser ๐Ÿ™‚ 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Essentially so it would be like oh tablet 1 did 500 today, oh the terminal did 300. Maybe there is no way to see it by source?

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Best Answer

So apparently you can do this in reports on the square app, also the terminal defaults to showing just it's data. So if anyone else was wondering this for odd use cases then here's the awnser ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MattHebb1995 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us again here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again!

It sounds like you got this one solved - kudos! We appreciate you dropping back in here on the thread and letting those who view it know where you landed.

I also found this helpful resource regarding tracking sales by device; it may be helpful here.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any remaining clarifying questions. We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4