x

Local Delivery In-Store

Hello there,

I recently switched to a Square POS system. I am trying to figure it out as I go but am having troubles regarding local deliveries. I am a locally owned furniture store that offers local delivery. My goal is to find a way to get square to print out a delivery slip of sorts that includes the customers name, address, phone number etc, when I choose a delivery option at my POS. I am using Square for Retail and all third party integrations regarding delivery seem to be all based for online shopping. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

It sounds like you are wanting a new option during the checkout flow that would allow you to automatically print a customers address on a receipt. I hope I'm understanding! @izaakford.

Hm - quick question for you: do you offer free delivery, or is it an extra charge for local delivery?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Yes, you are understanding correctly! And it usually depends on the total of the bill regarding on whether we charge delivery or not. But yes, I am looking for a way to print customer info on the receipt. @Valentina 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

While this isn't a feature this currently exists, you've got some options here that could potentially work @izaakford:

• If you name the ticket with the customer's name and address, that will print at the top of the ticket.
  • If you use your customer directory, you can store the customer's info with their first and last name as the first name - and the address as the last name. Then, if you add the customer to the sale, you can automatically name the ticket after the customer info and that will print at the top of the ticket.
Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4