x

Loyalty Point Expiring (Lapsing)

Customers loyalty points are expiring (lapsing)

All their points disappear, doesn't seem to be a way to prevent this.

Getting upset customers.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi @BillysExpress- Sounds like it would be helpful for you to set an expiration date for your Loyalty points. This would help prevent your customers points from expiring and hopefully your customers won't be so upset.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 9

That particular option is shaded out so you can't click it. I assume that option was disabled in Canada, from what I understand, loyalty points are not allowed to expire.

Message 3 of 9

In the link you left, says to go to loyalty, to settings and edit the expire points tab, finding that page was easy, but that particular option is not there.

As I am looking at my customer loyalty accounts, dozens of them have been moved to lapsed and their points are now gone and they must open a new loyalty account

Message 4 of 9

Also, some customers are being randomly sent to the Lapsed group after a few months of inactivity and other customers are not being sent to the lapsed group after a year of inactivity ???

We obviously had a lot of inactivity as most business were closed due to COVID

Message 5 of 9
Admin

@BillysExpress Thanks for the info. I'm waiting to hear back from our Loyalty team on an answer about this lapsing customer issue. Once I hear from them I'll report back here.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 6 of 9

Thank You 🙂

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hey @BillysExpress- Apologies for the delayed reply here! Looks like the best course of action would be for you to give our Loyalty team a call so they can check those groups for you. Might be a glitch of some sort.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 8 of 9

Thank You

Message 9 of 9