x

My new business in Chile - Is squareup my solution?

Hi,
I was wondering if you can help.
I am a UK citizen who has moved to Chile with my wife to open a new business.
Our product will be hiring vehicles within Chile to foreign tourists (usually europeans/USA/Australians).
Our prices are currently in the local currency CLP.
We currently do not have a bank account in Chile, and have been informed due to strict laws we will probably not be able to open a company/personal bank account in Chile for at least a year until we can prove our business is successful. However we have bank accounts in the UK, as well as in Spain (GBP & EURO).
Using paypal would we be able to receive payments online for our services and then transfer that money to our UK bank account?? I currently have a paypal personal account, all set up with my UK details.....

When a customer hires a vehicle we will also have to charge a deposit to the customers credit card which will either be fully/partially refunded, or not at all, dependent on the condition of the vehicle when the hiree returns the van. Other competitors currently either take a block on the card for a certain amount, or, physically take the payment, then refund within 1 week of the completed rental. Personally I think the second option is a more secure way of protecting our vehicles.
Thanks in advance!

Danny

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

unfortunately, Square is not an option in Chile for accepting credit cards.  Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

unfortunately, Square is not an option in Chile for accepting credit cards.  Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom

Message 2 of 2