x

No Cancel option when client clicks through confirmation email

My client is trying to cancel an appointment by clicking their confirmation email where it says "Reschedule or Cancel", but when they click through the only option available is "reschedule". I am trying to figure out how my setting might be causing this but I don't get it. the appointment is for a couple of months away and my cancellation policy is pre-payment but they can cancel up to 48 hours prior to their appointment. What am I missing here?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey there @carmenspagnola

Not sure what's going on here but I'm going to reach out to our Appointments Team to pick their brain. 

I'd come back when they give me an update! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Alumni

@carmenspagnola - Update from the Appointments Team. They believe the time your reminders are set to send out are too close to your cancellation cut-off time making it too late for your clients to cancel if they wanted. 

You can adjust your notification settings to send reminders further in advance to avoid this.

I hope this helps! 

Justin
Message 3 of 6

No, the time I have it set to is cancellations allowed up to 48 hours prior to the appointment and this was an attempted cancellation three weeks prior. So that's not the issue. I had already checked that. 

Message 4 of 6

Wait – when it says, "Cut off time for allowing clients to cancel or reschedule" and I have it set to "2 days" that means "up to 2 days PRIOR to their appointment", right? Or does it actually mean, "Within 2 days of having booked the appointment"?

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@carmenspagnola

It means your clients can cancel up to 2 days prior to their appointment. If my post didn't help much, I'd reach out to our Appointments Team so they can take a look at your settings.

squ.re/contact

Justin
Message 6 of 6